Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOLB Jachai Polite, Florida
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2680661
2680661, OLB Jachai Polite, Florida
Posted by will_5198, Sun Dec-02-18 08:01 PM
Sushi-grade raw. Using my outsider jackass opinion, I'm guessing he's running on 90 percent talent. Which is scary (in multiple ways), since he rang up 11 sacks this season just being an unrefined, part-time player.

Can't teach a pass-rusher though; you can only find and refine them. And he's as fluid and natural around the edge as anybody I've seen this year. If we're talking pure bend, he turns the corner as well or better than Bosa, Ferrell or Burns. His first step is outstanding. His balance is elite. When he wants to, he can even strike an opposing lineman and knock him on his ass. All the tools.

A little risky because he hasn't shown the level three stuff yet -- it's a projection -- but talent-wise, he's special. In three years, it wouldn't surprise me either way if he has the most sacks in this class, or is still trying to develop a full-time role.

+ Innate, effortless ability to slip around the corner, flatten and explode
+ Super twitchy and blows past tackles untouched, like a receiver beating press coverage
+ Can run through or spin around you if he remembers to
+ If he gets coached up and starts applying more technique, he could be a 10-sack edge guy every season

- Hands are often late or forgotten about
- Counter game is lacking/non-existent
- Not always here for it against the run