Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCB Bryce Hall, Virginia
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2678880
2678880, CB Bryce Hall, Virginia
Posted by will_5198, Wed Nov-14-18 12:18 AM
This kid is a stud, and he's not being talked about enough. You want to see a cornerback play the ball in the air? And I mean correctly, not the Greedy Williams way (grabbing the front of someone's shoulder pads and ripping your other arm upwards). Watch Hall -- he breaks up passes better than any other corner I've seen this year.

He fits all coverage schemes, but good God is he nasty in catch-man. He'll sit back, read the route without making illegal contact, and smother it. Want to get down the sideline against him? Yeah, that's probably not happening. He will be in-phase the entire time, leaning the receiver into the boundary, then using his wingspan to armbar and disrupt any prayer thrown that way. Even without safety help, it takes a perfect pass to beat him. He just eats up outside deep routes.

He's a converted wide receiver so he should only get better, although he already plays with plenty of intuition. I'm a huge fan -- he has CB1 potential in the NFL.

+ Pro-ready size (6'1, 200) with long arms and a sturdy build
+ PBUs are artworks and most importantly, legal...he just finds the ball naturally
+ Patient and sure of himself in coverage; doesn't overreact and often runs the route for his opponent (good indicator of a film study nerd)

- Could be more sudden when changing of direction; his burst is solid but not elite
- Tackles like a former wide receiver (ducks his head a lot)