Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCB Greedy Williams, LSU
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2674923
2674923, CB Greedy Williams, LSU
Posted by will_5198, Sun Oct-07-18 06:27 PM
The main draw to him is his size and movement. We're talking about a lean, 6'1 corner who's as agile as a 5'10 guy. With that kind of height and length, you can put him up against an A.J. Green or Julio Jones and tell him to get after it -- he won't be overmatched physically.

Last year he was getting by on a lot of natural talent, but so far he's expanded his game and mostly washed out the bad habits. I thought he was awful in off-coverage last season; now he looks much more disciplined and hovers over the slot as needed. Same for his press technique, which has gone from over-aggressive to controlled intimidation. His biggest flaw -- losing the ball in the air -- remains a work in progress, but the improved technique has put him in less compromising positions downfield.

Overall, I like him. I always say to be good in the NFL you need to have rare abilities, and his physical traits fit that bill.

+ Enviable height and movement skills; a match-up answer to receivers big or small
+ Can be suffocating in press
+ When he is focused and completely on top of his game, he can erase your WR1

- Still grabby at times and will need to further adjust to NFL officiating
- Despite the high interception totals, he does not always track the ball and will negate his own perfect coverage with interference