Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectExpectations for 2018-2019
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2671702&mesg_id=2673827
2673827, Expectations for 2018-2019
Posted by bshelly, Wed Sep-26-18 07:53 AM
Anything less than the following, guys can and should get fried.

embiid: 26/12/3/less than 3 TOs per game in 70 games. he's finally had his healthy offseason, and he should be enterring his prime. it's time for him to dominate every night and make a run at top 5 mvp

simmons: 6 FT attempts per game and 65% FT percentage. the counting stats will be there and will be insane, probably something like 19/9/9 or 16/11/10 or something. we will understand if ben gets it by whether the FT thing has gotten better.

fultz: 30mpg, 14ppg on 45 percent shooting, 30 percent on 3s on 2 attempts per game. i feel stupid even trying to set expectations for this kid, but this line is the minimum i personally would need to see to convince me he can recover to be more than a third guard.

covington: don't choke during the playoffs.

dario: 17/8/3, aka his playoff numbers, on 60 percent true shooting. and he'll do it, too. dario is good.

zhaire: get back fully healthy and establish yourself as a solid 15-20 mpg contributor during the regular season. i don't think he'll be playable in the playoffs this season. it's gonna take a minute.

the sixers: 55+ wins and a competitive L in the Eastern Conference Finals. i think Jo's going to get to the level we need to win the East this year, but Ben's going to need one more. That said, there's too much talent to be satisfied with anything less than a clear step forward. the ecf would mean we've beaten toronto or boston, and i expect last year's seasoning to make sure guys are ready for real playoff intensity. that said, i just think this is boston's year.