Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectExpected, once Toronto was in the mix LAL and PHI were out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2668577&mesg_id=2668718
2668718, Expected, once Toronto was in the mix LAL and PHI were out
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Jul-18-18 03:07 PM
As soon as the Raptors rumors started I figured this would happened and two days ago a friend who is pretty plugged confirmed it.

Makes sense for the Spurs for sure. I don't get it for Toronto. At first glance I thought maybe a cap dump and some outlets are running with that angle. I guess they do set up nicely to be commitment-free pretty soon here but so what? Do they think they will out-woo franchises with more talent in place, better markets or both? LAL, PHI, IND, NYK, LAC, etc all set up pretty going forward, you know Miami is due to make moves also. Also how fucked up is it that they finally had a star that didn't wait to bail on them and they traded his ass for a risky asset/potential rental?

Spurs get bailed out here. They had to move Leonard between now and the deadline, realistically before the start of the season. They get an all-star back and one under contract for three seasons. Poetl is a nice throw-in, hasn't done much but was still a lotto pick two years ago. The pick sounds like it's fairly likely to confer as two seconds in 2020 or at best be a low first this coming year. But that's just gravy anyway. Buford got himself a nice deal. Unless something unexpected happens, I gotta SMFH at Toronto here.