Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAdjö Henrik Zetterberg!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2667051
2667051, Adjö Henrik Zetterberg!
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Jul-03-18 06:40 PM
a pretty well-sourced independent Detroit sports media outlet is reporting Hank is hanging up his skates

apparently his back isnt even well enough to be cleared even tho he has a 3 year ironman streak.

after his injury in 2014 he was never the same, even tho he stayed very good. dont remember exactly why he bacame my favorite player as soon as Sergei left but he did. His battles with Toews, Getzlaf, and Crosby were the best part of hockey for me for like 10 years.

he deserved at least 2 more Selke's imo, and probably 1 Hart, but thats ok. Kinda had to see him to understand anyways
2667056, Happy trails. I was surprised he lasted thing long, what a warrior
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jul-03-18 07:32 PM
His back has been touch and go for years as you know and he has always been willing to take tough assignments. Superb two-way player, understated and underrated even though he was a star. What an offseason for Sweden, first losing the Sedins and now Hank. He and Datsyuk were such a rare mix of function and style, very few players as complete and skilled as those two.
2667256, there is much consternation over the next captain
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jul-05-18 09:56 PM
not sure what they're gonna do there
2667259, Without giving it a ton of thought I'd probably choose Larkin
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jul-05-18 10:25 PM
I am not a big fan of giving it to a guy just because he has experience and especially if they aren't going to be there for long. I guess Green or Franzen are both guys who will be there a while but they still aren't thrilling choices. Larkin seems like someone who could hang onto it for a while. I've always liked Abdelkader, if they are going to give it to a guy who wore an A I'd probably chose him over Kronwall, who is pretty washed now.
2667313, rumor is FO is unconvinced that Larkin is Captain material
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Jul-06-18 09:55 AM
apparently needs to tighten it up a little off the ice

Abdelkader was assumed to be the next one but his play has fallen off considerably
2667209, Respect from the lone rep of the Preds
Posted by DonVito, Thu Jul-05-18 02:57 PM
Conference realignment killed what had built (in Preds fans minds) a really strong rivalry, and he and PD were such thorns in our side.

Weber did him dirty in 2012 playoffs, still remorseful over that.

2667238, yeah it was a nice rivalry, in the early days wings fans were big in NSH
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jul-05-18 07:58 PM
i guess all the auto plants and shit in the area brought in people from michigan. i dont mind the realignment however i thought chicago should have gone with them, put all the original six in one conference.
2667249, ppl HATED the Preds here
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jul-05-18 09:35 PM
but it was because most of them were semi-offended that the Preds were daring to compete with the mighty Red Wings

and that Weber hit was bullshit. and then the Wings rolled over when no suspension came out. AND Howard was terrible after an awesome year.
2667304, Respect
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Jul-06-18 09:20 AM
He and Datsyuk were an all-time great 1-2 punch.

Really would have preferred they didn't lose to Pit in 2009 though lol
2667312, if datsyuk plays in any of the first 4 games...
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Jul-06-18 09:53 AM
if Hossa does *anything*

Franzen repeatedly hammering the puck into Scuderi's skates in game 6

Fleury's once in a lifetime save in game 7

that one hurt
2667318, damn forgot Dats was out
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Jul-06-18 10:07 AM