Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI dunno, the East sucks just enough but I still don't think so
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2666841&mesg_id=2670243
2670243, I dunno, the East sucks just enough but I still don't think so
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Aug-09-18 02:09 AM
Boston
Philly
Toronto
Indy
Washington (someone has to make it from that shitty division)
Bucks

I'd say those six are pretty firm. Miami is very well-coached, they have a shot at getting back in. I felt like Charlotte underachieved a bit last year but then again underachieving is kind of their thing. Detroit and Chicago I could see finishing ahead of Cleveland in their own division. I guess there is a chance because the East is not only lacking in elite teams but also kind of thin now. But if they do make it I think it would signify pretty disappointing seasons for some other teams who are on the cusp of mediocrity.

Let's not push this "Kevin Love is an all-star thing." It is true but the position has been thin, kinda like when Antoine Walker had his run of ASG appearances. That's a line for Bron haters who are also like "JR Smith was a sixth man of the year. Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson were some of the best shooting guards in the West. Kyle Korver was an all-star!!!"

Technically he has been an all-star but in reality he is in decline, inconsistent and his best years are behind him. He should get a chance to pad his stats nicely but I don't think he'll reach the levels he did in Minnie.