Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCleveland Cavaliers Offseason Post: A Rant and Call To Arms
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2666841&mesg_id=2666841
2666841, Cleveland Cavaliers Offseason Post: A Rant and Call To Arms
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-03-18 10:01 AM
LeBron is gone.
This'll make O_E mad, this'll make Vex mad, this'll make the Laker fans who are now going to root for him mad.

But good. It's time. I'm tired of having to angst over what Golden Piss is doing and whether the Cavs will make the finals, and whether LeBron is going to continue to grift his way through the franchise because of a fucking Microsoft Word font to continue to compete.

I'm not happy that he chose the Lakers (even over a team like Philly), but if he's going to be in chill mode for 4 years after a season like the last, fine. I'll miss those Playoff LeFuckYou 3s, though. If they win a title, that means Golden Piss didn't, so good. It's the Lakers, they have a zillion of them. Fuck Braymond, Binky, PBS Logo, Cupsnake and the rest of em in the goat ass.

I'd rather see Houston or OKC come out of the West though. CP3 getting a ring and/or the continuation of the NyQuil/RedBull Alliance in a post-Snake world is more compelling than a post-Kobe Laker team, unless Ingram ends up being the "Kyrie" of that squad.

Speaking of Kyrie... I am still PISSED that he forced his way out of town. he was my favorite in franchise history. He delivered one of the most signature plays in franchise history. he also promised never to leave. but he was forced out, IMO. and here, LeBron is not, and never will be blameless.

these last two offseasons have been brutal. my two faves ever in the history of being a fan of this team, once playing together, now playing on the two franchises who don't need "help". and that's just what the league wants.

That being said:

going forward, it is imperative to tank. ATL owns the Cavs pick if they fall out of the top 10 next season. Here's where I'll need Gilbert to fall back. The greatest "Fuck You" that can be given will not need to be immediate. Philly did it, people roasted them for it, look at them now. For a team that doesn't have the bullshit landed-gentry pedigree of the Boston Celtics, Philly has landed in my opinion, two great players to actually compete in a now-LeBron-free Eastern Conference.

there are enough good teams from Miami (at the bottom) to Boston (unfortunately, at the top) that the Cavs don't need to wedge themselves right in right away.

they already have more than they were left with in 2010, in Collin Sexton, precisely the kind of "F.U." player that needs to lead this tank in a post-LeBron landscape.

Billy Preston is the kind of flyer that needs to be hung in these times as well. Sign him with the MLE after Summer League. no use in using that for anything else.

fuck around and those two could be the Embiid/Simmons of the New Cavs.

which leaves more.

Cedi Osman, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance, Jr. should be part of the plans for the future.

Flop Gear (Clarkson), JR, TT need to find new homes in the next couple of seasons. If Milwaukee wants to give us Delly back, we'll take him for JR, and you can do whatever with that contract. TT? don't give a fuck, send him to Denver or some shit.

Unfortunately, this also means that Kevin Love will have to be dealt. Never thought he'd be the last man standing from these last 4 seasons. Hopefully it's Utah. He would be able to compete over there. OKC, if they didn't have Melo to deal with. That's where I'd like him to be if it can't be here.

George Hill is conditional. I'd keep him for veteran presence.

Unfortunately, Cavs are stuck with Ty Lue for at least 2 more seasons. Let's hope the Cavs stand in place and give him the boot once it's time. No better coach for a time you need to tank.

Only acquisition I really want to see these next couple seasons is Sam Hinkie. Whatever he's doing? fuck it. Bring him here ASAP.

It's highly unlikely that the Cavs will ever score another LeBron. Or attract another high-tier dude in FA anytime soon, because players do this wack shit of superteams in supercities. I expect the Brooklyn Nets to be that team as the current generation of stars come together. all FOs need to hedge toward this. Especially the Cavs, given the popularity of LeBron and the pervasiveness of his media narratives. So the only way to get a good team now is draft, draft, draft. this mindset will make the future less of a drag.

in closing:

fuck ESPN, fuck Stephen A. Smith, fuck the NBA establishment.

It's gonna suck, but we'll be back eventually. No one's allowed on the bandwagon when it happens.

In 2019, 20 wins or bust. Let the tank roll on.