Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectUltimately it will get done, I think, however consider this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2665967&mesg_id=2666766
2666766, Ultimately it will get done, I think, however consider this
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jul-03-18 01:10 AM
1) In a scenario where they pitch LeBron that they are getting Kawhi and he accepts, OK, pull the trigger on Fultz+Bayless+Saric+1st (and potentially another pick). You have a HUGE four that way plus Roco, Smith and whatever else straggles in through the doggy door. But now there is no LeBron so they have to worry about rotation, fit, talent, etc a lot more than if there were. There's JJ Redick now. LeSigh.

2) The Lakers spent their money now, anything they're doing now probably involves one good player, Luol Deng's shitty contract and some package of picks, none of which are very good. That means competition is weaker, though they are not the only game in town, obviously. So now it appears it will be 2 roster players, two picks and any necessary filler, but which two roster players? Which two picks? They have to negotiate their way to the best deal. I do *not* think Fultz will ultimately hold up the deal, unless they know something about Leonard's health, or something positive about Fultz's, that the public does not.

3) There is also the dance of who might take a shitty contract back here. Bayless is not a bad deal because he's expiring, but on the Spurs' end they might be trying to unload someone.

Basically what I am saying is that this is just negotiation. I do not think Fultz will end up holding up the deal. I do think that the Spurs probably value Saric a lot, he is a very Pop-esque player. I'd be sorry to see him go but I am with you, they have to roll the dice on this.