Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis sentiment is fucking hilarious to me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2663798&mesg_id=2664153
2664153, This sentiment is fucking hilarious to me.
Posted by wallysmith, Wed Jun-20-18 07:59 PM
"It's not a sure thing, so let's not even try. OK. Sensible."

It's so insanely misguided and devoid of context.

Paul George wanted to come to the Lakers last year and by some accounts Ingram would have completed that trade. But he said publicly he wanted to sign with the Lakers... during an offseason where the Lakers could offer him the max.

Kawhi Leonard wants to the come to the Lakers this year and by some accounts Ingram (and/or Kuzma and/or Lonzo) would complete that trade. But he is sorta saying publicly he wants to sign with the Lakers... during an offseason where the Lakers could offer him the max.

> A LeBron push means, on its face, losing Randle, anything else may or may not happen.

Signing both George and Lebron to max contracts necessitates giving up Randle AND trading Deng. How do you get someone to take Deng? By trading assets.

This whole thing is fucking hilarious because the Lakers didn't even make the playoffs this year. Lebron's not even on the team and already you're accusing the Lakers of "cowtow"-ing to the Warriors. The current four best players are all still on (or just came off) rookie contracts and have zero playoff experience. Get some perspective here.

> What is the alternative? Signing inferior FAs? Sticking it out with these young guys? Signing inferior FAs next year?

Sign Paul George and Randle this year? Sign Kawhi or Klay next year? Keep all the young guys? Dunno, sounds pretty good to me.