Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDoes Ty Lue deserve any credit?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2659165
2659165, Does Ty Lue deserve any credit?
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
I thought I had mad this post before but I guess it got deleted for whatever reason.

But give that man his props. Lebron didn’t shut down Boston by himself.

Poll question: Does Ty Lue deserve any credit?

Poll result (7 votes)
Hell yeah! (7 votes)Vote
I’m a hoe (0 votes)Vote

2659167, yes. fuck, yes...
Posted by Dstl1, Mon May-28-18 10:49 AM
and I been shouting it since the playoffs started. Playing TT and Hill against Indy, playing Love against the Raptors, electing to go full court in that Game 3 against the Raptors for Bron's buzzer beater, changing up the defense after Game 2 against Boston, calling back to back full timeouts right after Tatum fouled Lebron, so Bron could get a blow without coming out of the game and go hard the last 3 minutes...JVG talking bout "I don't get that one". My fuckin 13 year old son got it. Ty is not a dummy, man. I hate to hear folks discuss him as if he some little boy in a suit.
2660382, more defense
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jun-01-18 09:19 AM
2659182, No
Posted by hip bopper, Mon May-28-18 11:40 AM
because at some point how he makes his rotations will come back to haunt him.

Thank God he has LBJ.
2659184, Of course. He beat one of the best coaches in the league at his home.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon May-28-18 11:52 AM
Without their second best player on the court. They did a great job returning to the Horford double and pressuring Celtic players into minimal pass attempts and contested 3s in the second half. That wasn’t all Bron— that was team scheme.
2659185, Mike Brown, Spo, and Lue are the best of Bron's coaching tree
Posted by Castro, Mon May-28-18 11:56 AM
They have survived under major pressure and gotten results.

2659194, He outcoached Stevens. Ain't nobody gon admit it, tho.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Mon May-28-18 12:44 PM

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2659196, he deserves some credit.
Posted by Vex_id, Mon May-28-18 01:03 PM
I thought his move last night to call two consecutive timeouts late (to give Bron a breather without sitting him) was great situational awareness. The decision to have Bron take the ball from the end-court v. Raptors (which led to "Le Shot") was a brilliant coaching move. He's had some bright moments for sure.

But his rotations have been abysmal - and he hasn't maximized the confidence of his younger players nor put them in a lot of situations to be successful. You have to squeeze more out of Clarkson, Hood, Nance & Hill. Part of it is def on them - but as a coach you've got to try to instill confidence and a system to get them running a bit more efficiently.

It took him forever to put TT in against Indiana - when it was clear they were getting destroyed on the glass and in the paint. Korver sits for far too long at times and he stays w/ guys way too long (like J.R.) when they are ice cold. He's too safe w/ his rotations.

But sure - he deserves credit.
-->
2659438, I watched Stevens coach circles around PHI
Posted by bentagain, Tue May-29-18 08:35 AM
Lue fell for the okey doke not playing Korver enough the one game

But he made the necessary adjustments to Win

He deserves tons of credit, but won't get it...anybody can win playing Bron 48mins...

Yes, he deserves a ton of credit for getting to the finals with a team that was overhauled (and I'm not sure they're better) halfway through the season

We'll continue to marvel at the genius of Steve Kerr
2660395, Just for wins, right?
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Fri Jun-01-18 10:21 AM