Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'll take the Astros, for one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2653924&mesg_id=2654469
2654469, I'll take the Astros, for one
Posted by Call It Anything, Fri May-04-18 02:35 PM
All joking about George Springer's place in the pantheon of lead-off hitters aside, Springer-Altuve-Correa is pretty prolific. They've shuffled it around a bit, inserting Bregman 2nd at times, but the last few weeks that seems to be their go-to line-up.

All 3 are in good health, in their primes, have 1500+ MLB plate appearances, and have each run off consecutive seasons of 5+ rWAR in the previous 2 years. To have that kind of consistency and potency at the top of a line-up is pretty special.

Freeman is a certified stud and a premier offensive talent. Acuna is a great bet to get there, but he's 20 is more likely to have some ebb and flow to his hitting in the next year or two as he adjusts. I do not trust this Albies power surge and don't think he's a 5 win guy this year. Maybe he's Jimmy Rollins-ish sometime soon. That said, I wouldn't bet against your assertion being true a year or so from now. I just think it's a little quick to crown them, especially over the Astros casually stuff three 5+ win players at the top of their line-up coming off a World Series win.