Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecton this board, i shouldn't have to explain this like this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2649010&mesg_id=2649165
2649165, on this board, i shouldn't have to explain this like this
Posted by thejerseytornado, Wed Apr-04-18 07:46 AM
>>>i guess you didn't see the WaPo bullshit about dating
>jews.
>>
>>didn't see it, but I’m guessing it doesn’t have anything
>>to do with this either.
>
>I saw it. And no, it has nothing to do with this.

they both use lazy, tired anti-semitic tropes that didn't get called out as such until Jews had to point it out as such. and i saw them the same day.

>Like Dstl, I'm not even sure if Mora's comments were intended
>to be negative. Mora is just too stupid to understand how his
>comments could be misconstrued and misinterpreted.

intention isn't the definition here. it's the use of a stereotype. I don't think mora intended it. i do think it is an anti-semitic stereotype to talk about a jewish person like that while contrasting it with a blue collar, gritty white christian who can go to Cleveland but the Jewish guy should go to a NY team. The "millenial" thing doesn't even make sense as ceej pointed out.

>As mentioned, Mora went to bat for Rosen extra hard during the
>season when reporters suggested that he wasn't tough. To turn
>around and take shots at Rosen now wouldn't make a whole lot
>of sense.

and yet, he used an anti-semitic trope. It's similar to when Joe Biden praised Obama for being "articulate." Obama is articulate--he's one of the most articulate people in the history of the United States. It's also an anti-black trope to call a particular black person articulate. Dumb fucking move Biden. Dumb (but not as bad) fucking move Mora.

>>it was antisemitic. but there isn't really any indication of
>>that. it's just jim mora being an asshole, not an
>antisemite.

why defend him using a trope? He used the trope. he probably didn't even realize he was doing so, i don't care. but he did and it's shitty of him and we shouldn't let those tropes slide right by because there's an alternative explanation. Nah, don't use those tropes.

>If 10 other people had cosigned on his faux outrage he
>wouldn't be walking it back now.

to me, it's bizarre people are trying to defend Jim Mora like this. Why? why not be like "yeah, calling a jewish athlete not blue-collar and saying he should go to New York instead of Cleveland is a kinda bad look" I know he said NY because they're picks #2 and #3 in the draft. don't be dense--it's about it being a bad look, not about his belief that we jews have horns or are (((globalists))). but that's out there, so be a little smarter about not accidentally or intentionally sounding like one of those shitheads.

but no. you cape for Jim fucking Mora? ok...

-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia