Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectGasley and Toro Rosso with P4 finish
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2647897&mesg_id=2649829
2649829, Gasley and Toro Rosso with P4 finish
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Apr-08-18 06:53 PM
Fantastic race on his part. Honda has to be happy with the pace and reliability this race. Beating McLaren was just the icing on the cake. I'd love to see Gasley and Alonso fighting for points this season (though I'm sure that's taking things a bit far at the moment).

Not sure what's up at Red Bull though. Max was out of sorts again this race and Ricciardo looked to have a system shutdown. Double DNF does no favors in the drivers or constructor's challenge for RB. And while I love the fact that Max gambles on the track and can pull of a ridiculous pass, his youth is still working against him a bit as knowing when to go for it is still an issue.

Hamilton did what he could to limit the damage to Vettel after the grid penalty. Seemed there was some communication issues between the team so he didn't know how much he needed to push. Bottas could have caught Vettel at the end but he didn't start his charge until 2 laps too late from the look of it. Interestingly, Kimi's unfortunate retirement may have given Ferrari the win. They may have tried to do a 2 stop with Vettel, but with Kimi out and both Mercedes on mediums, Vettel had no choice but to stay out there and manage his tires the best he could.