Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI generally don't get overly sentimental with sports but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2641286&mesg_id=2641723
2641723, I generally don't get overly sentimental with sports but...
Posted by MarkyMark, Mon Feb-05-18 09:10 AM
my 8-year-old son is high-functioning autistic. One of his quirks is he cannot handle people around him screaming and yelling. I have never really been able to watch Eagles games with him. He usually watches upstairs with my wife while me and my brothers/dad watch it in my basement. Last night he watched the SuperBowl with my wife at my in-laws while I was with my dad and three brothers at dad's house. Since we were basically around the corner I was able to celebrate a little with him right after the game, then a little with the neighbors when we drove home.

After we are done hanging out we head home. Little man is standing at the closet hanging his coat and just starts crying. I ask him what's wrong and he says "I'm just so happy I don't know what to do". I hugged him and we sobbed it out for a few seconds, then he gave me a high-five and went to bed.

All the past 3-decades of disappointment - Fog Bowl, Randall ACL tear the year we have GOAT-caliber D, the NFC Championship chokes, Cheatriots/Spy-gate SuperBowl loss... it was just pushing this out into the future so I could share this moment with my son.