Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI was out 2 months with an MCL starting at the end of May
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2639991&mesg_id=2704640
2704640, I was out 2 months with an MCL starting at the end of May
Posted by T Reynolds, Mon Oct-14-19 07:38 AM
So I missed June and July. August through now I've been doing 3x a week. Managed 4x a week recently and I want to alternate 4x and 3x a week.

I feel like I'm improving. I did a private lesson with a really good brown belt on collar / sleeve (mostly because I was having a really hard time dealing with that particular guard) and since then I've been hitting more omoplata sweeps, and more scissor sweeps. Many times I get my shit passed entirely though, but of course working on recovery and reguarding, and working out of side control especially with bigger guys. Also since I can't do DLR with my left knee still not 100% from the MCL I work on it on the right side and have more success getting the back because people don't expect DLR from that side). My finishes from the back and from mount definitely need to be improved on though, but I feel like I can maintain the position longer and longer so that's positive. My SLX and X-guard games are pretty much non-existent still, which is sad considering where I train.

I'm now a blue with four stripes so there's only one way to go at this point, and I'm hoping I'll be ready for purple by the time next promotion comes up. I've been going solid for 3 years at blue with a couple breaks for injury (MCL this year, avulsion fracture in ankle last year), so overall I think I'm going in the right direction and I'm comfortable with where I'm at.