Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBeen out since Monday with a shoulder but I shot some texts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2639991&mesg_id=2671393
2671393, Been out since Monday with a shoulder but I shot some texts
Posted by T Reynolds, Fri Aug-24-18 07:52 AM
sounds like they are keeping the release date and full content pretty quiet. All I heard was the same thing I later saw you can find online, that it's a conceptual dvd. Weird that it's been like 7 months since they finished filming, but Digitsu doesn't even have a release date.

clip you probably saw: https://www.facebook.com/DigitsuOnline/videos/1908690492505621/

Shawn has been busy lately but hopefully he can weigh in.

With the pressure passing, I still find myself more comfortable using some speed or athleticism to pass rather than heavy shoulders, hips, head positioning that is the bread and butter of pressure passing. Demian Maia showed a great detail to use shoulder pressure to get out of a pesky quarter-guard at his seminar though, so I've been using that. It's funny because it's the guys that have a glacier like, monstrous-grip, slow advance passing technique that are killing me in training recently.

I've been doing a wrestling class at the academy and it's improved my comfort with takedown techniques. Head positioning, shot / re-shot, levels of defense (head, hands, forearms, hips, and escapes / tricks).

Something I noticed with some of our seasoned brown belts is that they focus less on sport and get back to the old school aspects. I rolled with one recently and he was showing multiple wrist locks during positional sparring where I was on the back (without finishing) and also slowly applied a knee on neck submission. Grade A in-the-streets stuff.

Kasai 3 was cool to attend and the round robin was pretty fun. I thought the Calestine / Grippo decision was lame, but I guess JC had more attacks. Grippo outworked him and out-positioned him which should still count towards the decision, but whatever.