Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthmm better than Maia? definitely more complete
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2639991&mesg_id=2640628
2640628, hmm better than Maia? definitely more complete
Posted by T Reynolds, Tue Jan-30-18 07:44 AM
maybe that's the difference between a guy that has added wrestling onto a world-class level BJJ base vs. a guy who has sambo, judo and freestyle wrestling throughout his foundation

When I talk to people at my job from the casual fan to a guy that has been training jiujitsu for years, they can't get over the level of force he can generate while also not compromising anything with his base and control of the opponent. He seems to be very conscious of the fact that the road back up to the feet starts with the legs and he wraps up and shuts down the legs better than anyone in the game. I wonder if Tony is strong enough to drag the fight back up to standing since it's almost a certainty the fight will end up there at some point.

Tony's strengths really only play into Khabib's strengths. He likes creatives sweeps... that means Khabib has to have attempted to take him down which is bad news. He likes to work submissions from bottom, that means he has to withstand the best top pressure in MMA. I agree that I don't see anybody beating him right now if he's at 100%