Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo joke-- but largely because of Auburn imo.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2637701&mesg_id=2642366
2642366, No joke-- but largely because of Auburn imo.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-08-18 01:24 AM
>Duke gets a break in the 1 seed race

I don't think Duke'll get a 1 seed, fwiw. Schedule's too tough. Even if we sweep Carolina, I expect a loss at Virginia Tech and a loss at either Clemson or Georgia Tech. I'm also not going to sleep on Louisville (assuming that K is fucking stubborn and doesn't zone them) or Syracuse (who always plays us tough and this is the worst year possible for their zone to be good, as our distance shooting is okay at best-- luckily it's been way better at home than on the road).

I think they finish with, best-case scenario, 6 losses and a season sweep of Carolina. More realistically 7 losses, 6 in conference, which may still be good enough for second place in the ACC-- but I don't expect Purdue to lose another game, and Nova's dropping two more at absolute most. So I think they're both in pending some big-time choke. If the Big 12 winner finishes with the same amount of losses as us, it'd take them losing their conference tourney and Duke winning theirs to get that 1 seed imo.

Auburn losing helps tho. They'll still likely finish with 5-6 losses, but their OOC win slate doesn't match up with Duke's. Neither does Tennessee's, really (though their best win is better than Duke's, obviously), but they don't have a single bad loss yet-- I'd be more scared if they won the SEC with, say, only 5 losses (in a scenario where Duke has 6-7) that the committee would consider choosing them.