Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFire the data cannons
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2634550&mesg_id=2712874
2712874, Fire the data cannons
Posted by allStah, Mon Mar-02-20 03:03 PM
Thank you for you clarification. It was wonderful to see, and maybe I did get off topic, so lets move forward.

Here is how Tra's first 2 years are not better than Steph's. Let's start with shooting and points. As I already pointed out, Trae is taking 21 shots per game compared to Steph taking 14 shots per game in an era that wasn't focused on putting up more threes than twos. It is because of Steph that the league changed to a three point league, which started when GS started winning titles. Teams started launching 3s to compete. Hell, Houston changed their entire system to prepare for GS, and that was all due to Curry. Because teams feared his shooting.....

Now Imagine if Steph were in his second year in this era? He would be avg 30 a game, or more, like he did during his MVP year. So he would have the same shot attempts as Trae, similar scoring, but wayyyyy more efficient. Once 3 pointers became a focal point, Steph avg has been around 27 points a game. So Trae's increase in points is simply due to this era of putting up more shots and more threes, an era created by Curry ( lol). But as he is jacking up more shots, he is still sub average as a scorer. Let me know when he gets above 45 percent, and gets to at least 38 percent from 3. So for me, this is still Steph.

Rebounds. This total is pretty much even. In Steph's first year, he avg 4.5 rebounds. In Trae's first year, he avg 3.7 rebounds. In Steph's second year, he avg 4.0 rebounds. Trae, now in his second year, is avg 4.5 rebounds. So they both basically avg 4 rebounds a game in their second year. And bledsoe, rubio, brogdon are avg the same as well as other starting PGs

Assists. This is the biggest form of stat padding. Curry avg 6 assists in his second year. Trae is avg 9 assists, a 3 point difference. But again, we are in an era of three point shooting, where the floor is spread, and everyone is jacking threes, so you you get an assist from simply passing a ball to someone who hits a three. How many of those assists are real assists putting a player in a high fg percentage situation? We know that's all that the warriors do, is constant backdoor cuts to the basket, and leading from the elbow to the basket.However, I'll give it to Trae because the numbers are greater. So if you want to say that Trae is a better passer than Steph, cool.

But other than that, there is nothing that Trae is doing that is better than what Steph did in his second year or first two years.

If you were to ask anyone, who would you rather have in their second year, steph or trae? It wouldn't be close. The efficiency of Steph in his second year ( where Trae aint even in the same universe) plus everything else completely beats out Trae as the better all around PG in his second year.