Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKuzma is older, and IMO will be more “limited”
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2633191&mesg_id=2633338
2633338, Kuzma is older, and IMO will be more “limited”
Posted by DJR, Sat Dec-09-17 11:38 AM
I put it in quotes because I don’t know if that’s the best word, but couldn’t think of anything else.

I think Ingram will be able to do more across the board. Better handle and playmaking abilities both for himself and others. More versatile defensively. Kuzma obviously has a very high floor as he’s already a good player, I don’t think his ceiling is as high as Ingram’s though.

Lonzo has been given the keys from day 1 to run point and play 30+ minutes a night with very uneven results. He’s got a lot of promise and is productive in some ways, but that shooting is historically bad right now.

Ingram was brought along more slowly and didn’t really get the minutes and bigger role until later in the year. They were still playing around with Luol Deng at this point last year. They did things differently with Ball and didn’t bring in a stop gap veteran PG. Lonzo is putting up more “counting stats” because he plays more - Ingram’s numbers were up later in the year when he played more and they took the gloves off a little bit and gave him more responsibility out there.

I’m a Lakers fan who dislikes Duke and tend to find many of their players unlikable, though a lot of their recent guys I never disliked - Ingram, Tatum, and Parker - I’m confident that Ingram will least be an All Star a good number of times. I’m hopeful that Ball can get there but not as confident in that. Kuzma I think will be a solid starter level player for a long time.