Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI did. And I stand by it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2633148&mesg_id=2647946
2647946, I did. And I stand by it.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Mar-23-18 06:32 PM
Unfortunately, his inability to defend, hit the defensive boards, and adapt to the changing spread-out game has rendered his terrific hands and footwork fairly moot as far as their ability to make him a net positive on the court.

Which is a goddamn shame, as the kid is tremendously talented, and I still hold out hope that he can find a way to adapt and learn some new skills to keep him in the league. I'll basically be holding out until his career is over. He was a great player at Duke, a national champion, and a terrific representative for the university. I really hope he figures it out.

And you can't watch the game tape of him at Duke and pretend that his footwork in the post on offense isn't exceptional. You simply can't do it.

But I get that this is a fun jokey-joke post, so I need to stop clicking it. I like the guy too much and I'm rooting for him too hard to get in my feelings about people razzing him on the Internet for an epically brutal start to a once-immensely-promising pro career. So y'all get your jokes off.