Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRB Kerryon Johnson, Auburn (6'0, 212)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2627030&mesg_id=2638240
2638240, RB Kerryon Johnson, Auburn (6'0, 212)
Posted by will_5198, Wed Jan-17-18 05:55 PM
one of the most improved players in the country. I wrote him off when looking at his 2016 games, yet he kept producing in big spots this season. had to take a second look.

people get fried for mentioning this, but he has the shadow of Le'Veon Bell to his running style. he can be incredibly patient in the backfield, and then jump cuts or slides through the gap he was waiting for. it's very innate -- you'll watch the hand-off and think this is a two-yard gain based on the blocking, then he spots a crease last-second and makes a cut for five yards.

now he lacks Bell's explosion, and nobody can emulate Bell's style like the master, but the semblance is there. not near the receiver the Steeler is, either, although his hands are soft. other negatives are his long-stride and tendency to run high, leading to some easy targets for NFL hitters. he was diving when it happened, but good gracious Ronnie Harrison put a missile lock on his shoulder this Iron Bowl.

I think he'll be a solid, not flashy, starter. although he's proved me wrong before.