Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama (6'1, 203)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2627030&mesg_id=2637387
2637387, DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama (6'1, 203)
Posted by will_5198, Thu Jan-11-18 08:28 PM
master of none. he can line up nearly anywhere: single-high, as a split safety, nickel corner, outside corner, 20-yards off the ball or right outside a lineman's shoulder. and he's good in all of those spots. I don't think he does anything *great*, however.

coverage-wise he has great closing speed and is aces against most routes thrown in front of him. not trustworthy on downfield throws; he'll turn around and start looking for constellations without any idea of where the ball is going. average wingspan so bigger receivers can get to passes he can't.

as a safety he plays his assignment well and gets to the action in a hurry. decent tackler and not afraid to blow up a block, but he misses his share and isn't the biggest defender to begin with. the lack of pure ball skills (most of his career interceptions were thrown right at him) also prevents me from recommending him as a deep third protector.

this past season he was largely a hybrid nickel corner-box safety depending on how the play unfolded, which is probably his best spot overall. is that worth a top-five pick? not to me. more of a defensive glue guy than elite difference-maker.