Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Feel bad for the players more than anything....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2624284&mesg_id=2624474
2624474, RE: Feel bad for the players more than anything....
Posted by will_5198, Mon Oct-02-17 07:24 PM

>-Hiring unqualified assistant/position coaches (Debord,
>Scott)

does this matter though? the offense is Butch's. a great assistant helps, but that side of the ball is supposed to be Butch's expertise. just like it doesn't really matter who coaches defense for Saban.

>-Unwilling to adapt to personnel

every read option Dormady runs, a future Vol fan switches allegiance.

>-Gameday management

this to me is the absolute worst. no plan for situational risks (they should've gone for two to start the second OT against Georgia tech, but he's coaching not to get blamed). I will never forgive his dumbass for not going for two at Florida in 2015. not knowing how to use a timeout in year five. fucked up thing is Butch losing to Oklahoma in 2015 because he can't score from first and goal from the five, then he does the same fucking thing against Florida this year -- twice.

>-Non-stop coach-speak

last week's press conference was an embarrassment. have some accountability; that's all fans ask. his coach-splaining is worse than just accepting any defeat.

>I'm afraid CBJ is just a symptom and not the disease. Think
>there are a lot of issues with leadership in Knoxville that
>have lead to this. Quit being cheap and pay for real coaching
>staff. It will reward itself ten-fold. How much has been
>spent in coaching buyouts in the past 10 years?

I don't know much about that, but didn't Tennessee try that last year? Shoop made more than every SEC defensive coordinator except for Chavis and Aranda.