Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBill Laimbeer appreciation post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2624187
2624187, Bill Laimbeer appreciation post
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Sep-29-17 09:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTyVvpAE4Eg

I hated this POS but gotdamn he had no fear.

Barkley, Jordan, Bird, Pippen, Mahorn, he fucked all of them up
2624191, genius Black Hat athlete
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Sep-29-17 09:08 AM
2624246, Fuck Bill Laimbeer.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Fri Sep-29-17 02:18 PM
2624475, smh
Posted by Notalent, Mon Oct-02-17 07:43 PM

www.twitter.com/muhfuckinthomas
2624250, I appreciated when Barkley punched him in the eye
Posted by DJR, Fri Sep-29-17 02:35 PM
http://youtu.be/f-5ablJYVcg
2624314, Huge Pistons fan....
Posted by blueeclipse, Sat Sep-30-17 11:07 AM
Laimbeer was a piece of shit. But he was our piece of shit. I wouldn't have had it any other way. It's hard for me to watch hoop now watching niggas just moonwalking into the lane at will and not being able to do shit about it. The Bad Boys were and are my basketball nirvana. The remix Pistons from '04 hold a special place too but the OG Bad Boys....man.

What gets lost in all the talk about being dirty is that the Celtics were every bit as dirty as the Pistons and I respected the hell out of them too. On top of that the Pistons were a great TEAM. They really get shitted on historically from that era and left out of discussions but they went to 3 straight Finals and won two. So there's that. And they played every good team in that era and they beat them.
2624318, RE: Huge Pistons fan....
Posted by DJR, Sat Sep-30-17 12:17 PM
It's hard for me to
>watch hoop now watching niggas just moonwalking into the lane
>at will and not being able to do shit about it.

Don’t get beat. Protect the rim by blocking shots.

That dirty shit on prone players that are better than you is some BS. Glad it’s gone.
2624321, The cheap stuff, yes, but the game is too soft now
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Sep-30-17 01:00 PM
Like he said above the Celtics were also very physical and teams had to give it back to them. The Pistons sort of evolved from that and to some extent we saw the Knicks and Heat do the same things.

I think now there is no real accountability in the game for the cheap but not so flagrant stuff. You also can't do much as a defender. No hand-checking, tons of illegal screens, total benefit of the doubt to the offensive player and almost zero leeway to police the lane. The only physical play now is between bigs for position and even that is deteriorating because of the style of play today. I think there is a happy medium somewhere.
2624336, Yeah, the illegal screens are crazy
Posted by DJR, Sat Sep-30-17 03:44 PM
I think that’s my biggest gripe with the game right now.
2624513, It's true. A hard foul now = 10 minute delay while zebras review video.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Tue Oct-03-17 10:55 AM
And this is contact that the guy with the ball is SEEKING. Smh

Edit - I also see quite a play style difference between now and 15 years ago and prior that contributes to this. This is somewhat anecdotal, but back in the late 80s to 90s when I really started watching basketball, if a guy got the ball 8 feet from the hoop with a few feet of space, he was putting up a jumper (and making it 80% of the time). Nowadays, if a guy gets the ball 8 feet from the hoop with a few feet of space, he's taking a flying fuck at the rack and actively seeking a hard collision with any defender in the vicinity.

Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Oct-03-17 11:34 AM
he was a 4x All Star with basically a career double double over a very long period of time and a 51/33/84 shooting line as a center in the 80s

he wasnt a caveman out there to beat on dudes with skill. he would elbow you in the face and then go get his own 18/12/2

i do get what you are saying tho. the 80s had a much better class of enforcer.

2624322, remember when he was bombing threes on the blazers
Posted by rl9, Sat Sep-30-17 01:43 PM
easily the starting center for the all time dirtiest players team.
2624337, I think the dirty stuff overshadows that he was actually pretty skilled
Posted by DJR, Sat Sep-30-17 03:45 PM
He could shoot it.
2624343, it absolutely does
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Sep-30-17 04:42 PM
he was a stretch 5 before it was a thing
2624520, Boooooooo
Posted by bignick, Tue Oct-03-17 12:00 PM
Yes, still.