Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI disagree...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2619892&mesg_id=2731586
2731586, I disagree...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sun Feb-07-21 02:32 PM
..not with the principle of what your message states, but the reality of the situation overall. Davis is already on the right trajectory, even if its not the one that the rest of the world would prefer.

While AD may have all the potential in the world (size, athleticism, skill, agility, IQ), none of that guarantees that his preferences always align with his potential. I would LOVE to see Davis spend time with Cap & Hakeem, working on expanding his repertoire in the paint, but I know its not necessarily his preference at this stage of his career. I hope he'll eventually find that balance.

At the same time, he doesn't need to be the outright best player on the roster when your current leader is one of the best in the history of the sport (from any era). He'd be a fool to ignore the fact that his efforts are much more efficient by continuing to support Bron while allowing the natural progression to occur, as the mantle is passed through hard work and execution.

The last dynasty fell because Shaq & Kobe couldn't get on the same page about preparation and execution. While there are arguments to be made for each perspective available, the fact remains that every true Laker fan wishes they could've somehow found the balance to coexist and continue winning.

We all know how that shit ended lol.

Right now, the Lakers have the chance to do something special. They won a championship in the middle of a pandemic and somehow managed to improve in almost every category. That's unheard of in the modern world of professional sports. Y'all can fry him for playing the current position all you want, but if it means continuing to stack championships and establishing the next dynasty, I'm all for it.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...