Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah, before the season, that was my whole point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2619892&mesg_id=2620159
2620159, Yeah, before the season, that was my whole point.
Posted by auragin_boi, Mon Aug-14-17 02:42 PM
Glad we can agree on that. I also said, in hindsight I see why he didn't. I also expected Wiggins (yr 3) and towns to make the playoffs last year but LaVine tore his ACL, they didn't learn how to defend consistently (lost the most games with a double digit lead in the game..20) and Dunn wasn't as good for them.

*Shrug* I still blame Wiggins for that though. He improved as a scorer but the rest his game isn't where it could be. It took 41 wins to make the playoffs in the West. That was doable.

And I brought up Kyrie because ALL your arguments about how others are treated revolve around him now-a-days so I just cut to the chase. I didn't critique Kyrie no harsher than I did anyone else with talent a decent team yr 3. If anything, I went at Ky cuz you went at Rose as the Bulls guy. But I still never said "oh, he a bum cuz he ain't make the playoffs yr 3".

And before I saw your response, I said NO should make the playoffs this year. And I think both those dudes deserve blame if they aren't at least an 8 seed.

>you just rehashed a bunch of junk that happened BEFORE kyrie
>became a champion. i honestly don't have to address ANY of it,
>but i indulge y'all.
>
>y'all still tryna undo what happened.

FOH w/"y'all"...boy got a ring as Bron's sidekick and won game 7. I ain't never discounted none of that. Those are facts. I actually said Kyrie would be an MVP candidate this past season (1yr ago). I actually said, Kyrie should shoot in game winning situations instead of Bron because his game is better for it (2yrs ago). But nah...I'm "y'all" cuz your feelings hurt. lol

>this thread was about a supposed "STAR" who keep avoiding
>getting fried. it's a GREAT thread, because i'm tired of being
>the one to try getting it started. 3 years ago you acted like
>the bamma was off the hook because he made the playoffs by the
>skin of his teeth and get swept and ain't been back since.

Oh, context and roster make sense when discussing Kyrie but not Brow? We gon act like he (missed 21 games), Gordon (37 games) and Tyreke (25 games) didn't get hurt yr 4? Like Alonzo Gee didn't start 37 games for them that season? Like last yrs Pels roster wasn't WORSE than Kyrie's Pre-Bron roster? Ok.

>i'm saying he ain't off the hook and should be fried if him
>and that big ass child playing alongside him, who ain't made
>the playoffs in SEVEN TRIES AND STILL DON'T GET FRIED LIKE
>KYRIE DID, don't get NO into the playoffs.

When have I ever disagreed with this? I literally said they should make the playoffs this year.

>yes, i EXPECTED the cavs to make it in 2013-14, but it became
>clear by December they weren't good enough.

Great so I was right...thanks for confirming again.

>so, i had reasons beyond
>"oh, kyrie went to duke...lemme be irrational" to expect them
>to make the playoffs.
>
>oh well.

Indeed.

>flashback to 2011....Y'ALL ***EXPECTED*** a lot of stuff to be
>true in 2017 that just isn't true.
>
>i don't need to list those things.

*Yawn*