Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectdude, the kyrie agenda is not about steph. it's about him being good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2613665&mesg_id=2613984
2613984, dude, the kyrie agenda is not about steph. it's about him being good
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-16-17 01:13 PM

the vast majority of basketball posters here did not think he'd be a star. that's a fact. i won that a month into his rookie season. then, the comparisons to other young guards started. remember jrue was supposed to be better? kyrie became an all-star before most of them dudes, including steph. FACT. nobody would have taken steph over kyrie in 2013. nobody. steph just got better. good for steph. now, ky gotta get better. i'm saying he will.

after he became an all-star and i partied on all these aggy dudes--some who were mad rose was hurt, some who were mad wall was off to a slow start in his career, some who were mad chris paul kept going home early--they shifted it to PLAYOFFS. in the middle of his second season, it became PLAYOFFS. by year 3, i accepted the playoffs thing, because i figured dion and bennett were worth a damn. they were not. i was wrong. he was still an AS tho. in fact, he was AS MVP. but that weasn't good enough for guys who had him not being an all-star anyway. PLAYOFFS was all that mattered. so, before bron got there, that's all we supposed to remember...just the playoffs part? that's goal-posting, clear as day.