Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKD said Kyrie better than AI....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2613665
2613665, KD said Kyrie better than AI....
Posted by LegacyNS, Wed Jun-14-17 03:25 PM
Go..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QH-b8fgZE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2613698, People say dumb shit all the time
Posted by bshelly, Wed Jun-14-17 06:01 PM
2613830, I mean....
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-15-17 02:32 PM
lol....
2613903, basically.
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Jun-15-17 07:25 PM

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2613702, If Ky ever hogged his way to 30+ppg on 40% in the finals
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Jun-14-17 06:16 PM
I'd legit shit myself in anticipation of the trollerific bullshit I'd have to read.
2613704, He on his way.
Posted by Cenario, Wed Jun-14-17 06:20 PM
2613706, Kyrie will NEVER barely shoot 40% in the finals. Never.
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Jun-14-17 06:24 PM
2613751, This was supposed to be a reply to the OP
Posted by Cenario, Thu Jun-15-17 06:40 AM
As he on his way to being better than AI in the history books.
2613754, gotcha. AI's game in the analytics era would get skullfucked daily
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 07:28 AM
it's like niggas forgot how he went out. there was no use for all THAT by 2009. teams around the league were like "nah...we good on a lil nigga who can't shoot threes at a nice clip."

so, now they in the muhfucka talmbout immeasurables like "heart" and "toughness"...as if kyrie is a nigga whose buttcheeks shrivel when it's time to fuckin ball. these niggas mad. i BEEN told niggas AI's game wouldn't age well and that his on-court legacy was vulnerable. these dumb niggas was puttin him over ISIAH THOMAS as best little man (under 6-3) ever when i first got to this board and i went straight at AI entire narrative.

ol' second contract killing ass nigga.
2613844, oh now you're bringing back this SCK bullshit. uh huh.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 03:07 PM
got examples? he made every member of the 01 sixers rich AF and kept getting dudes paid (e.g. kenny thomas) after that. stop lying, bitch.
2613846, Larry Hughes got PAID on his own. So did Stack.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 03:12 PM
>got examples? he made every member of the 01 sixers rich AF
>and kept getting dudes paid (e.g. kenny thomas) after that.
>stop lying, bitch.

and who exactly did he get PAID?

Kenny Thomas got PAID by BILLY KING, who PAID half the damn league too much money.

Just shut your mad us up.
2613852, Uh, OK, I mean King was the GM for his whole tenure so ...
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 03:20 PM
pretty much an outta jail free card for you on this flimsy ass, unfounded agenda (since you have to produce a teammate who actually got a shitty second contract).

you lost one war (vs steph) now you wanna move onto a 42-year-old guy who's already retired. oddly enough it's just as much of a losing battle. irving will never be the no. 1 guy on a finals team. he will never win a scoring title. he will never lead the league in steals. he will never win an MVP. his resume will look bare by comparison. that's all i'm gonna say here. if he wins an MVP or leads a team to the finals as a No. 1 guy or wins four scoring titles, OK, i'll eat my words. so far nobody buying kev's statement but you. don't you have an MVP in the making to compare with vinnie johnson or something?
2613861, any "WAR" about kyrie irving on this board was won last season.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 03:33 PM
>pretty much an outta jail free card for you on this flimsy
>ass, unfounded agenda (since you have to produce a teammate
>who actually got a shitty second contract).

you named one guy.... asked you to name others. i named TWO (stack and hughes)

>you lost one war (vs steph) now you wanna move onto a
>42-year-old guy who's already retired. oddly enough it's just
>as much of a losing battle. irving will never be the no. 1 guy
>on a finals team.

bruh...i don't care about your arbitrary measure. some GREAT players in the top 50 weren't #1s on finals teams. kyrie irving BALLS in big games and has lived up to the hype. his shot is more iconic than that loser ass step over. those are the facts. rock yourself to sleep with whatever you need, bro. I am MORE than satisfied with what kyrie has done already at 25 and more than confident he will continue to get even better. and, see, the "even better" part is what really fucks with you dudes about him. i know that and i smirk when i see y'all low key partying on his injuries over the years. i know this game. y'all mad, dogg.

he will never win a scoring title. he will
>never lead the league in steals.

yeah yeah...he'll never get the shoot that much with bron...he'll never show when it counts....DUDE, I heard this bullshit before.

he will never win an MVP. his
>resume will look bare by comparison.

right, no MVP makes all this moot. isiah don't have an MVP and NO ONE THINGS IVERSON WAS BETTER THAN HIM. did that hurt to read?

you mad, dogg.

that's all i'm gonna say
>here. if he wins an MVP or leads a team to the finals as a No.
>1 guy or wins four scoring titles, OK, i'll eat my words.

and if AI builds a fucking time machine or finds the fountain of youth and wins a title, i'll eat mine. in the meantime, good luck with that horseshit 3-on-3 shit he's doing. maybe he'll win a title there. he couldn't win shit in turkey or givfuckistan or wherever the hell he was banished.

so
>far nobody buying kev's statement but you. don't you have an
>MVP in the making to compare with vinnie johnson or something?

plenty of people have bought it. and that's what fucking with you. YOUR GUY should have trained harder and watched more film and dropped the fucking james dean bullshit and MAYBE his legacy woudn't be so vulnerable. he gonna get passed by a LOT of niggas in the next 20 years, so being mad at kyrie is pointless.
2613731, noted that you're co-signing this bullshit
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 12:28 AM
irving still a gunner, one series didn't change the fact that he is a one-trick pony. never be an MVP and may or may not be a HOF'er.

deep down you know kyrie has the talent but not the heart to do what AI did in the league. he isn't built for it. he has his lane, great, but he'll never be that kind of star.
2613736, I can't wait till LeBron leaves Cleveland again
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-15-17 01:51 AM

>irving still a gunner, one series didn't change the fact that
>he is a one-trick pony. never be an MVP and may or may not be
>a HOF'er.
>
>deep down you know kyrie has the talent but not the heart to
>do what AI did in the league. he isn't built for it. he has
>his lane, great, but he'll never be that kind of star.
2613822, Why? Kyrie might leave too, he gonna always be great
Posted by isaaaa, Thu Jun-15-17 01:20 PM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net
2613823, They have nowhere to turn but giving Bron all credit for Ky's career
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 01:24 PM
it's completely dishonorable hoe ass shit. this is why i just admit when i mad and take my Ls. because if i don't i'm at the risk of spouting some bitch shit out of spite. i will never be a "REFS" "THE GAME CHEATIN FOR HIM!" type nigga. it's disgusting.

this what happens when the goalposts keep moving.

"i can see him being a mo williams mike conley type...maybe 16 and 7 and make an AS team or two"

"he just put up bad stats on a trash team and can't make the playoffs...HEY EVERYBODY, Y'ALL SEE BIG CUZ DROP 30/15?!?!? HE'S SO AWESOME! I KNOW, RIGHT??!"

"he gonna be the third wheel behind love and bron...can't win with him taking all those shots"

"he not gonna do this in the playoffs. he not built for it."

"shit, um, bron got him there tho....lucky shot"

"AHHAHAHAHA...he lost in the finals...steph better....he averaged 30? don't nobody care...they lost...AHAHAHAHAH"

hoe shit. all the way from he ain't gon be shit to "nanny nanny boo boo, he lost in the finals after balling again"

2613847, dunno about all that but 1) steph better and 2) AI better
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 03:12 PM
no shame in that, we are talking about two guys in the top 30 or so all time. irving has a lot to offer and hopefully he keeps getting better, stays healthy, etc. this post isn't about knocking him down the way a lot of people did during the early days of PG Warz, this is about a specific and false claim.
2613865, don't hide behind steph. he can't help you here. this about AI
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 03:38 PM

i worry about steph. don't know if ky can catch his hardware.

i do not worry about AI.

that fact bothers you. you've overrated a nigga and now you hurt.

oh well.
2613749, No heart? Kyrie played on knee he knew could blow at any time
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 06:30 AM
And again, if Kyrie EVER shot under 40% for a whole fucking season like AI did, his entire legacy would be a fucking wrap in this day and age. Iverson would be gettin dragged daily in the era of in-game video analysis from various twitter accounts showing every stupid ass shot he took and all his defensive gambles.

And don't act like I had any reverence for AI anyway. I was calling that nigga Second Contract Killer from the moment I found this board and saw how many niggas actually thought a nigga who scored that inefficiently was something to be cheered.

I like AI as far as what he stood for, but his J was trash and he fucking carried the ball.
2613782, agenda blah agenda blah agenda blah uh huh
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 09:54 AM
>And again, if Kyrie EVER shot under 40% for a whole fucking
>season like AI did, his entire legacy would be a fucking wrap
>in this day and age. Iverson would be gettin dragged daily in
>the era of in-game video analysis from various twitter
>accounts showing every stupid ass shot he took and all his
>defensive gambles.

Uh huh, pretty easy to shoot OK when you have LeBron. He shot under 45% last year with the best player in the world. AI shot better than that on more attempts and with more production with just a lax and at times absent Melo in Denver. There is no comparison on terms of scoring ability and I know you're not hanging your hat on Kyrie's unremarkable ass defense. He has a nice handle, he is a nice finisher ... and that's why he *reminds* people of Iverson.

>And don't act like I had any reverence for AI anyway. I was
>calling that nigga Second Contract Killer from the moment I
>found this board and saw how many niggas actually thought a
>nigga who scored that inefficiently was something to be
>cheered.
>
>I like AI as far as what he stood for, but his J was trash and
>he fucking carried the ball.

Carried the ball to Springfield on the first ballot. We'll see when the Cavs situation becomes untenable or LeBron retires that Irving will go back to being a gunner on an irrelevant team, like before LeBron's arrival.
2613786, lax and absent Melo?
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 10:04 AM
Played 65 and 77 in those years, averaged 29 ppg on 47% and 26 ppg on 49%.

We don't need any Melo slander to build up Iverson. Melo was one of the best scorers in the league when AI got there.
2613842, suspended 25 games=absent. lax=most of his career.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 03:01 PM
he was BY far the best offensive player iverson played with in his career though, like heads, shoulders and torso above the next guy.
2613858, it was actually 15 games
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 03:29 PM
2613868, "HEY Y'ALL AI SHOT GOOD (.458 FG) AT 32 YEARS-OLD"
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 03:46 PM

"hey yall, kyrie coming off 47/40/90 at 25...ho hum"

see the difference?

you mad?

kyrie only 25 and next to niggas like bron and mike for most 40 point games in the nba finals.

you mad!
2613816, He shot 47% as a rookie with Old Jamison and Candace brother
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 12:57 PM
>Uh huh, pretty easy to shoot OK when you have LeBron. He shot
>under 45% last year with the best player in the world.

This is how I know certain niggas on this board just can't be straight shooters. Allen Iverson shot under 45% THIRTEEN TIMES and is a CAREER sub-43% shooter. And you gonna sit there on some hoe shit and try to use Ky's rushing back from injury last year...NEVERMIND that he rounded into form in late March and continued to murk Teague, Kyle and Steph...but, you gon use THAT?

hey, man...quite a fall from y'all niggas tryna say that dude was better than isiah to now protecting his legacy against a young nigga who did the same shit he did with more flair and polish.

just be mad and leave me out of it.

and ky's resume is already HOF level...he'll make more AS/ALL NBA teams well into his early 30s. like, i really don't understand this HOF bullshit you tryna hide behind. only thing gon stop it injuries and you bitches been wishing that on him since jump. but he not the nigga gettin his knees scoped every summer like these other dudes y'all cyse.

lemme belittle AI like you try to do Ky...you know "deep down" that guy is more celebrated for his cultural impact that his inefficient ass game, poor leadership abillties and WORK ETHIC. he had a nice lil carry move that stern magnanimously didn't kibosh and he had some nice lil man hops....not like spud or not shit, but they were cool. he a nice player, but he was never fuckin with isiah thomas.

fuck off, dogg.
2613843, history is history and "ky ky" still got a long way to catch the gawd
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 03:06 PM
we'll let it play out but cysing FG% is a joke when you look at the sixers' strategy of rolling a ball on the floor with four defensive players and telling iverson to win them the game. with better players around him, he shot better. with the best player in the L last year, irving was a hair below 45%. he is not winning any trophies for shot selection. he also is not winning any MVPs or scoring titles, so there's that. he has the talent to end up in the HOF, but being a lock first-ballot is another story.
2613851, allen iverson has had a trash ass FG% at every level. stop.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 03:19 PM

don't blame the sixers. he took those shots. under LARRY BROWN.

we wanna blame coaches and organizations now? y'all NEVER wanna hear about kyrie having 3 coaches in 4 years, each using him in different ways. y'all never wanna talk about chris grant fucking up them draft picks. GS shouldn't have even had a shot at Klay, but instead of building a backcourt, Grant said "nah...one is fine."

i've talked about aaaaaalll that shit the cavs did to WASTE kyrie's first 3 season and y'all muhfuckas just laughed and laughed.

and you want me to feel sorry for AI situation.

dude, get the fuck out my face.

just hope kyrie get hurt, bitch. Ai ain't got no numbers or trophy case that make me worried about this comparison. at all.
2613853, u got me, for all we know eric snow and george lynch were 30ppg guys
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-15-17 03:21 PM
FOH. Steph reasserted what anyone with at least two of their five sense already knew was true, now you wanna latch onto a hot take. LOL. very hOE-ish.
2613864, don't hide behind steph. he can't help you here.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 03:36 PM
>FOH. Steph reasserted what anyone with at least two of their
>five sense already knew was true, now you wanna latch onto a
>hot take. LOL. very hOE-ish.

kyrie already got the best of steph once. and as great as steph was this series, he ain't make ky look like ky made him look last year. kyrie still balled. so, you can bullshit through this all you want.
2613924, what bullshit? are you delusional enough to see yourself winning here?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-16-17 12:54 AM
nobody buying this hot take and you're trying to run with it. shameless as always. have fun.
2613940, again...ANYTHING regarding kyrie irving has ALREADY been won
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-16-17 08:36 AM

i'm not going to let y'all keep creating new obstacles and benchmarks for him. it will never end. he's a perennial all-star and champ. period.
2613943, Not the Kyrie > Steph agenda. And you know it
Posted by theeraser, Fri Jun-16-17 08:50 AM
2613944, i know steph a lot older and blew when he was 26. kyrie 25.
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-16-17 08:57 AM

i'm cool with letting things play out. y'all cool with counting on kyrie not getting better.

i'm fine with leaving it there, because there's one thing i know.

he gon get better.
2613972, So it's not already won, got it. I'm rooting for Kyrie but you're BSing
Posted by theeraser, Fri Jun-16-17 12:13 PM
2613984, dude, the kyrie agenda is not about steph. it's about him being good
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-16-17 01:13 PM

the vast majority of basketball posters here did not think he'd be a star. that's a fact. i won that a month into his rookie season. then, the comparisons to other young guards started. remember jrue was supposed to be better? kyrie became an all-star before most of them dudes, including steph. FACT. nobody would have taken steph over kyrie in 2013. nobody. steph just got better. good for steph. now, ky gotta get better. i'm saying he will.

after he became an all-star and i partied on all these aggy dudes--some who were mad rose was hurt, some who were mad wall was off to a slow start in his career, some who were mad chris paul kept going home early--they shifted it to PLAYOFFS. in the middle of his second season, it became PLAYOFFS. by year 3, i accepted the playoffs thing, because i figured dion and bennett were worth a damn. they were not. i was wrong. he was still an AS tho. in fact, he was AS MVP. but that weasn't good enough for guys who had him not being an all-star anyway. PLAYOFFS was all that mattered. so, before bron got there, that's all we supposed to remember...just the playoffs part? that's goal-posting, clear as day.
2613734, CHEESE STEAKS! GET YOUR CHEESE STEAKS HERE!
Posted by Post Vendor, Thu Jun-15-17 01:33 AM
2613738, He's right.
Posted by theeraser, Thu Jun-15-17 04:24 AM
2613768, AI sure did shoot a lot and not play defense
Posted by cantball, Thu Jun-15-17 09:00 AM

<================== Learn the name now before everyone gets dunked on
2613778, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKIJoLQLT5E
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-15-17 09:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKIJoLQLT5E
<---- 5....

2613824, Iverson says FOH
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-15-17 01:26 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/02/13/iversonx-large.jpg
2613831, What's more questionable
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jun-15-17 02:36 PM
this take or that infamous Wu Tang tattoo that surfaced a year or two ago?
2613873, rick james face
Posted by Selah, Thu Jun-15-17 03:53 PM
2613931, Uh?
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Jun-16-17 07:49 AM
2613965, on the subject of questionable tattoos
Posted by Selah, Fri Jun-16-17 10:50 AM
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/09/03/kevin-durant-warriors-rick-james-thigh-tattoo-photo
2613970, Oh wow.
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Jun-16-17 11:19 AM
At least he's smart enough to get the tattoos in spots that are totally covered by his basketball uniform, so I give him some credit there. That's a pretty rough looking tattoo though.
2613832, RE: KD said Kyrie better than AI....
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-15-17 02:36 PM

Now that's that GOOD crack.....
2613871, AI got me into basketball (along with MJ, duh) but yea
Posted by Nodima, Thu Jun-15-17 03:50 PM
Kyrie has the sauce. Maybe if Iverson had more incentive to work on his three point shot he'd have been Isaiah Thomas, and maybe if he'd played in today's NBA and was surrounded by tall shooty dudes that rotate instead of tall rotating dudes that block shots he'd have looked even better, but I can't prove that. his game looks bad today, and it was probably more inspirationally amazing than strategically amazing then.

I'll still take A.I. in a video game fantasy draft, but Kyrie is Iverson plus four inches of height, five feet of wiggle room on the shot and three years of experience playing with somebody better than him. he knows how to defer, and he can get his with less effort. it's a losing game comparing eras, but I think Kyrie translates to Iverson's era better than Iverson translates to now all things being equal. again, with the caveat that we presuppose Iverson doesn't have a better three point shot if he came up now than he did then.

let me again make clear that I'm the idiot that puts the Melo/A.I./J.R. Nuggets squad at the top of my favorite teams of all time. I'm an agenda Lite Brite in terms of basketball fandom. but I think I can admit Kyrie can have this one if he wants it and people want to give it to him.

still, don't you want to see Prime Melo and Subprime A.I. and Stupidest J.R. and Kissy Neck Martin and Pre-Cancer Always Hurt Nene and Chucky Tha Gawd Atkins playing this past two years' style of basketball? Anyone?

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
2613874, ???? AI was better than Thomas is....and better than Kyrie is
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 03:57 PM
There's no need to play the "what ifs" with Iverson. Thomas and Kyrie are nowhere near matching what AI actually accomplished.
2613877, I'm just naming the one dude with Iverson's build in this era
Posted by Nodima, Thu Jun-15-17 04:00 PM
Obviously he would penetrate and score/pass better from the paint. Iverson would've likely average a strong, strong, skrong double-double if he played at 28/29 years old in this era.

I shouldn't post off a gin & tonic on my one day off.

to clarify, Iverson was always a severely underrated passer in his second phase, and I think he'd out-assist Kyrie and probably out run him in a skills competition.

but I think Kyrie has enough going for him physically that it's not as much of a conversation as I, a massive Iverson fan, would like it to be.

~~~~~~~~~
2613878, i'm tryna figure out what the fuck he "accomplished"
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 04:01 PM

that sets him sooooo far out of kyrie's reach. kyrie's trophy case at 25 isn't really lacking, champ. only gonna expand. i know y'all don't wanna hear, but it is what it is.
2613879, MVP and being way more iconic and trendsetting.
Posted by Nodima, Thu Jun-15-17 04:03 PM
It's a shame he crossed MJ in a regular season game, but I'd argue it's still more iconic footage than Rie draining over Steph. I'm sure most people under 25 strongly disagree.

~~~~~~~~~
2613883, you really comparing a carrying crossover against MJ...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-15-17 04:33 PM
to a 3 point shot in the eye of the reigning MVP to take the lead in a tied Game 7 of the Finals???? Is this real life?
2613885, AI is gilbert arenas without his cultural impact
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 04:36 PM
2613888, considering most modern handles are modeled after that clip, sure.
Posted by Nodima, Thu Jun-15-17 05:17 PM
everybody gets to carry now.

~~~~~~~~~
2613891, modern handles are modeled after isiah thomas, not that carry
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 05:23 PM

2613916, haven't seen much outside of documentaries so I will concede that
Posted by Nodima, Fri Jun-16-17 12:06 AM
but OGIT carried like that though?

For the record, I'd put Kyrie outside the "modern handles" conversation. He moves the ball around too quick and has too big of hands for me to call 95% of what he does a carry.

I suppose where I agree most with Durant, through the back door, is that Kyrie is just more phsyically gifted than Iverson was, so he does what Iverson did easier. He also benefits from the way the game is now played, the way the cap is now structured, and the talent pool the league now exhibits.

but primarily, he's bigger, and fast(er?).

~~~~~~~~~
2613994, Kyrie more physically gifted? He's taller/stronger
Posted by DJR, Fri Jun-16-17 02:52 PM
Beyond that though, I think Iverson's got the edge on him and just about everyone else that's ever played. His overall athletic ability was off the charts.
2613880, An MVP, 3 first team All NBA's, 4 scoring titles
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 04:11 PM
After Shaq, he was right up there as one of the best players in basketball for a good 5 years or so.

He was first team All NBA at age 23, and MVP at age 25. Took an otherwise weak Sixers team to round 2 of the playoffs in year 3, led a team to the finals where he was far and away the best player on that team....again, age 25.

I'm not even here to bag on Kyrie, he's got my respect. We're talking about better individual player here though.

2613884, so, he has to do equal or greater?
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 04:35 PM

d-wade better than AI, right? he ain't got no MVPs...no scoring titles

isiah better than him, right?...isiah got none of that.

look, bruh, as long as kyrie keep stacking AS and ALL-NBA teams (perfectly doable) and performing at historic levels in the postseason...it'll be fine. i'll be happy.

i understand the NEED to reshape long-standing criteria to shit on kyrie, but i will not allow y'all to do it. i have watched y'all belittle award after award on this board BECAUSE KYRIE DID IT.

ROY...no one cared. Dame win that shit? OH MY GOD!!! DAME SO GREAT!!!

AS MVP..."hahaha, exhibition game"....Russ and AD do it? OH MY GOD!!!!

3 point shootout...shit, y'all niggas was happier for ERIC GORDON beating Ky than when Ky beat Steph AND KLAY assess for his.

FIBA MVP and OLYMPICS..."don't matter"....but i'm supposed to celebrate and respect melo playing 9 times to be all-time scorer, huh?

this shit is a combo of me being obnoxious and cysing my i told you so's...Duke-hate wrapped in it...Bron/Cavs hate wrapped it.

ALL I KNOW is if this nigga played for orlando, came from FSU or Texas or USC and put up empty ass numbers like Dame (and he could do WAAAAAAAY better than 27/6 per game...considering he did 25/6 as a #2), y'all would not be poo-poo-ing all this shit he's accomplished...and i mean the shit BEFORE bron.
2613887, he's gotta be better than a top 15-25 player.....because Iverson was
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 04:52 PM
>
>d-wade better than AI, right? he ain't got no MVPs...no
>scoring titles

Lots of first team All NBA's though, right?(I'm assuming, not checking though). Best player on a champion. I think they were on a similar level as players.

>isiah better than him, right?...isiah got none of that.

Different type of player. He was a PG that sacrificed shots and stats. He's got the first team All NBA's. Best player on a champion. Similar level as players.

>look, bruh, as long as kyrie keep stacking AS and ALL-NBA
>teams (perfectly doable) and performing at historic levels in
>the postseason...it'll be fine. i'll be happy.

He's stacking All NBA teams? What's he got, one or two 3rd teams? Those guys above were first teamers multiple times.

>i understand the NEED to reshape long-standing criteria to
>shit on kyrie, but i will not allow y'all to do it. i have
>watched y'all belittle award after award on this board BECAUSE
>KYRIE DID IT.

Nobody is reshaping anything. Iverson was one of the best players in basketball. So were Wade and Isiah, since you brought them up.

Kyrie is very good, but he hasn't played to that level so far. He's on the Dumars, Bosh track. Nothing wrong with that at all.

>ROY...no one cared. Dame win that shit? OH MY GOD!!! DAME SO
>GREAT!!!

ROY counts.

>AS MVP..."hahaha, exhibition game"....Russ and AD do it? OH MY
>GOD!!!!

I've never cared about this.

>3 point shootout...shit, y'all niggas was happier for ERIC
>GORDON beating Ky than when Ky beat Steph AND KLAY assess for
>his.

I have zero memory of Eric Gordon winning. I watch it and enjoy it, and forget it. don't really care.

>FIBA MVP and OLYMPICS..."don't matter"....but i'm supposed to
>celebrate and respect melo playing 9 times to be all-time
>scorer, huh?

??? Not me.
>this shit is a combo of me being obnoxious and cysing my i
>told you so's...Duke-hate wrapped in it...Bron/Cavs hate
>wrapped it.

I know. I got no problem with it. You're riding for your guy.

>ALL I KNOW is if this nigga played for orlando, came from FSU
>or Texas or USC and put up empty ass numbers like Dame (and he
>could do WAAAAAAAY better than 27/6 per game...considering he
>did 25/6 as a #2), y'all would not be poo-poo-ing all this
>shit he's accomplished...and i mean the shit BEFORE bron

All I said here was he's not as good as Iverson. He's good. All star. Came through in the finals on a champ. Made a 3rd team All NBA or two and will probably make some more. Is putting him in the top 15-25 type range in the league really "poo-pooing"?
2613889, seems like poo-pooing
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 05:18 PM

but, i'm cool with him being a #2, being a perennial all-star, making some more all-nba and balling in the playoffs every year. a legacy can be built on that. a legacy can put him past AI easily.

sorry if it bothers you.

2613892, It's not, and I'm cool with all that too
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 05:34 PM
>
>but, i'm cool with him being a #2, being a perennial all-star,
>making some more all-nba and balling in the playoffs every
>year. a legacy can be built on that. a legacy can put him past
>AI easily.
>
>sorry if it bothers you.
>

It doesn't. I dont root for Georgetown guys. Just calling it how I see it. "Legacy"...cool. Maybe. I'm just talking about who the better player is.
2613896, hey man...people rank walt frazier over AI. know why?
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 06:13 PM

he got rings and balled in the playoffs.

is what it is.

y'all not gon box me about what kyrie gotta do to be considered WHATEVER ever again. i been down that wrong and the shit is slippery and gets longer every time i think the kid has reached the destination.

so, y'all can just sit there and watch him every june. when y'all ready to appreciate HIS GAME and what HE has done, y'all let me know.
2613899, "Kyrie can't win w/o Bron" is gonna be the new "Kobe can't win w/o Shaq"
Posted by theeraser, Thu Jun-15-17 06:40 PM
2613902, is what it is. i'm cool with being on the side i'm on.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 06:59 PM
2613904, I believe that I am appreciating him for his game and what he's done
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-15-17 07:39 PM
>
>he got rings and balled in the playoffs.
>
>is what it is.
>
>y'all not gon box me about what kyrie gotta do to be
>considered WHATEVER ever again. i been down that wrong and the
>shit is slippery and gets longer every time i think the kid
>has reached the destination.
>
>so, y'all can just sit there and watch him every june. when
>y'all ready to appreciate HIS GAME and what HE has done, y'all
>let me know.
>
2613908, nah...you offer slaps whenever you can. it's fine tho.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-15-17 08:17 PM

2613948, What you call slaps, I call being realistic
Posted by DJR, Fri Jun-16-17 09:18 AM
2613952, realistic has nothing to do with gloating and dry-partying when he fails
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-16-17 09:31 AM

you in every thread, dogg. you follow every kyrie-related agenda and offer your lil slaps. they have nothing to do with you.

sometimes i respond to you, sometime i just read your posts and thing "pressed", but i see all of it.

like i said, it's cool. kyrie has met the hype of a #1 pick. Dion can't even get a handle on being a guaranteed starter.
2614001, What? Like pointing out the "fraud hoe" outplayed him?
Posted by DJR, Fri Jun-16-17 03:45 PM
That's not about Kyrie, that's about being proven right.

Kyrie's a worthy number one pick, no question. I never said otherwise.
2613881, KD should've kept that one to himself.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-15-17 04:27 PM
2613886, he also said GS isn't as super team and that Shaq had no skill...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-15-17 04:37 PM
we gotta just chill and enjoy dude as a hooper, lol. He be sayin all kinds of shit.
2613897, The Shaq thing is ridiculous
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jun-15-17 06:18 PM
Without transcendent skill every game of shaqs career would have been 2 fouls early in the 1st, 3 before half time, 4 early in the 3rd, 5 early in the 4th, foul out with 4 min left
2613932, Have Shaq and Durant spoken face to face
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Jun-16-17 07:50 AM
since that back and forth?
2613917, If this nigga is gonna be the face of the league.....
Posted by blueeclipse, Fri Jun-16-17 12:09 AM
Then the league just got a lot more corny and a lot more shallow. KD could do us all a favor and remain the uninteresting QUIET dude he was in OKC because as we are finding out not much good happens when he opens his mouth.

I just want him to enjoy his multiple cakewalk championships without having to shit on people who actually had to man up and accomplish shit without riding with dudes who beat you.
2613927, Yup, shut your punk ass up Kevin
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jun-16-17 05:26 AM
2613928, Nope. You do what you want when you poppin
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jun-16-17 06:49 AM
2613929, Oh good grief
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Jun-16-17 07:14 AM
You'd think he was paying THEM for the privilege to play to listen to some of y'all.

That's like being mad at a dude leaving Reebok to go work for Nike
2613945, So perturbed lmao
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Jun-16-17 09:02 AM
2613954, right.. I mean how could you team up with guys who beat you.
Posted by LegacyNS, Fri Jun-16-17 09:39 AM
https://cmgpbpheatzone.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/gettyimages-170832791.jpg

oh wait....
<---- 5....

2613962, you sound like a bum bitch.
Posted by PROMO, Fri Jun-16-17 10:29 AM
2613968, this made me laugh out loud at work
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jun-16-17 11:11 AM
2613935, I hope KD keep making niggas mad lol
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Fri Jun-16-17 08:04 AM
2613959, it's wildly entertaining.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Fri Jun-16-17 10:07 AM
2613986, The Decision v2.0 - Enterprise Mad Edition.
Posted by LegacyNS, Fri Jun-16-17 01:15 PM

<---- 5....

2613987, ^^^^^
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Jun-16-17 01:50 PM
I don't even care about the AI vs. Kyrie agenda, but I'm entertained that it's turning so many people into angry whiners.
2613992, One gif explains it all
Posted by Musa, Fri Jun-16-17 02:44 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3092387/iverson2.gif

Staph
2751163, RE: KD said Kyrie better than AI....
Posted by ThaTruth, Sat Nov-20-21 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUrurmzsHVA
2752051, We talkin bout…vaxxin’
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Dec-01-21 05:59 AM
2752083, Oh shit
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-01-21 02:04 PM
2752089, RETURN OF DA GOD
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-01-21 02:48 PM
2752837, oh word...
Posted by LegacyNS, Sun Dec-12-21 09:58 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/images/71522193.jpg