Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthese are contradictory statements imo:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2612375&mesg_id=2612446
2612446, these are contradictory statements imo:
Posted by dula dibiasi, Fri Jun-09-17 09:53 AM
>
>If we are talking a single season these Dubs and last year's
>are in the convo.
>
>
>I think anyone claiming this team is the best ever is not very
>up on the history of the game
>

essentially: they can be on the shortlist, but just not at the top, you ignorant prisoner-of-the-moment n00b!!!

i don't understand that.

to me, if you're "in the convo", it means there's a credible argument to be made that you're #1. there can be a credible argument for multiple teams, but only those teams are in the discussion.

if the dubs take it tonight, there's certainly a credible GOAT argument.

most wins in a single regular season and in a consecutive 3 year stretch, top 1 or 2 on both ends of the floor, 2 of 3 titles, and 16-0.

that's as good a 3 year run as anyone's put together.

they're obviously not going to win 8 straight or 11 of 13, no one ever will again, fagency and salary structure basically prevent teams from keeping a core together that long. but it's 3 years you can put up against anyone ever.

i also don't think we've ever seen 4 all league guys in their prime (27-28 y.o.) on the same roster. certainly not in a league this size. maybe in the 60's. but it's usually the case that either one of the guys is a little past his peak, or the 4th guy just isn't quite that good. but 4 top 25 guys? nah.