Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectdefinitely
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2610132&mesg_id=2617239
2617239, definitely
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-10-17 11:15 AM
although i think the fans do care about the NT. just not as much as their clubs. i hear too often from fans that they'd rather their stars not even bother with NT stuff. especially united fans.

and i think the FA knows that and they aren't all that bothered (beyond making the odd APPEARANCE of giving a fuck) about really being successful on the national stage because the operation prints money regardless.

i really don't think there's a solution though. as much as we played Rashford, he only ever got a shot because literally everyone in front of him was hurt.

the Chelsea kids for example: Chalobah, Baker, Abraham. they probably just more Loftus-Cheeks (remember him? he's only 21). promising talents that won't get a look in because the game to game pressure is too much for a manager to risk it.

like...i don't see a reason why West Ham isn't playing Reece Oxford. he came in at 16 and looked like he belonged already. two years later loaned out to Germany for the year. how does that help him?

Spurs and Southampton pretty much carrying england's teen -> adult development on their backs rn.