Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe Possible MLB/NBA Playoffs Correlation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2607666
2607666, The Possible MLB/NBA Playoffs Correlation
Posted by no_alias, Sun May-07-17 09:23 PM
Long time OKP/lurker, first time posting in OkaySports...

As someone who follows both the NBA and MLB (in part because of DFS), I stumbled upon what I found to be an interesting connection between the NBA playoffs and the MLB season. I don't claim to be the first person to make the connection, and for all I know it can be all just a strange coincidence. Here is something I posted on my FB feed.

To my sports fans who are currently bored, I have a totally voluntary assignment for you in regards to the NBA playoffs and the current MLB season. You probably only need espn.com to look these up:

1A. Who did the Boston Celtics play in round 1 of the playoffs, and on what date did they win the series?

1B. Look at the MLB schedule for the same day.

2. The Cleveland Cavaliers just swept the Toronto Raptors 4-0 today. Look at the MLB schedule for 5/8.

3. The Golden State Warriors are likely to win their series against Utah, which means they will be waiting for the winner of the Houston Rockets/San Antonio Spurs matchup. Look at the MLB schedule for 5/12.

4. Look at the MLB schedule for May 19th. Find the cities of the teams that are still in the NBA playoffs.

This isn't the first time I've noticed this, but definitely the first time I actually looked into it more for this year. What do you think?
2607764, Interesting
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon May-08-17 08:18 PM
I never considered the likelihood of MLB schedules exactly matching NBA matchups.