Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat was fucking awesome.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2603649&mesg_id=2610953
2610953, That was fucking awesome.
Posted by denny, Sun Jun-04-17 06:31 AM
I'm just so happy they had that game. I was getting worried that the hockey gods were gonna sabotage the event. I was working Sportscenter this afternoon and we had our guys at the street festival. It just looked so awesome. This is sooooo good for hockey in general. But another unlucky game (the pens are up solely because of luck) would have really zapped the energy. I LOVE this team and it's fanbase.

For Pittsburgh...this might be the shakiest 2-1 series lead ever. Anything is possible....including 3 straight blowouts by the Preds. That really wouldn't be surprising truth be told. Fact is....the Pens are getting dominated more in this series than any previous series. Washington's advantage in play was marginal compared to these three games. And I agree with what Charlie said...the first half of the game was the best Pittsburgh played all series (sustained). And Nashville STILL had the edge. Was thinking of calling their style 'Total Hockey' after the Dutch soccer tradition. Wonder if Charlie would agree...but it seems like their success might be mostly attributable to the way players are free to momentarily shift positions with each other. Their forwards become defencemen and the defencemen become forwards. All teams do this to some extent....it looks like they've implemented a system that is largely based on it. I might be overstating the case....but there's something unique in their break-out plays that I can't really put my finger on.