Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWe let this drop off the front page?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2603649&mesg_id=2605899
2605899, We let this drop off the front page?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Apr-26-17 01:14 PM
Second round I will go

Anaheim in six, they have more weapons than the Oilers and I think Carlyle is handling the team very well. Oilers are more than just McDavid but will need a *huge* series from him. Ducks have some things to clean up from Round 1, namely their PK. But the Oilers aren't going to get two game-winners from Kassian again and also have a lot to clean up, including taking penalties and handling some bigger guys down low. Getzlaf is playing the best hockey of his career right now. Ducks didn't perform great in the circle in Round 1 but that was a small sample; much better faceoff team than the Oilers. This should be a fun series but I feel confident in the Ducks.

Nashville in five. They are rolling. The Blues didn't really impress me, overall I thought they were outplayed by Minnesota and were bailed out by great goaltending. Too bad Nashville is getting that right now also. Barring a very abrupt about-face, Nashville should win this series and without too much difficulty.

Ottawa in seven. The Rangers have more on paper but the Sens are playing better. Getting the whole Ranger team to roll at once has been difficult, nearly impossible it seems. This is a very even matchup but I just like the way the Sens are playing right now. Karlsson on a trashed foot is better than other defensemen are at 100%.

Reluctantly I am going to stick with Washington. I had Pittsburgh all the way last year and backed off it at the end, which was a mistake. So I will stick with Washington, who I thought would win this series going into the playoffs. Seven games though, it is going to be very tight.