Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMarner was great in the season series, too.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2603649&mesg_id=2605236
2605236, Marner was great in the season series, too.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Apr-22-17 12:30 AM
He is going to be an excellent player, probably like a b or b+ grade Pat Kane. He is not there physically yet, like he's definitely behind Laine (who will be an animal) in that regard. But he is a ballsy player with a lot of skill, I think he can be more of a goal-scorer than he was this year.

I won't guarantee a Washington victory in Game 6 but I feel it. Game 4 felt like a point where the Caps got their feet under them in the series, before that game (and also during it) they couldn't string together one level of play. But they seemed to be figuring things out and Game 5, while close, was probably their best start-to-finish game of the series.

The Leafs are for real and the Oilers are even more for real since they don't have as many kids and the one they had is the best. Boyle was a good start toward pushing toward something immediate, let's see who else they get to bring this group along.