Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm reserving all judgment on Shredded Beefcake.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2602459&mesg_id=2604820
2604820, I'm reserving all judgment on Shredded Beefcake.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Apr-19-17 01:34 PM
Sure, he’s been treated like an absolutely joke for years and this is ridiculously weird and way out of left field.

Sure, his body looks like he came dressed to attend and win a “thick, veiny cock costume contest” equivalent of an ugly sweater party.
But it’s whatever.

The title picture has been filled with head scratching nonsense since AJ dropped the title to Cena anyways and pulled out every puzzling move in the book short of having Vince come out and let us know that the only two reasons any of this is happening are “Because I can” and “Fuck it, that’s why!”.

At least it’s someone new.

I have zero faith in WWE to do much of anything compelling, much less competent, in terms of their creative choices, and they’ve done a fine job of feeding that cynicism. At least this makes me go “hmm.” For a minute. It’s logically indefensible but I’m just going to roll with this one.

So I’ll just wait and see where they take it and hope for a pleasant surprise. Reports are that Corbin is slated for that top heel spot come summer. KO doing this New Face Of America character isn’t a world beater but could wind up as a nice iteration of Cena’s open challenge. They’ve wisely kept Swag on a slow burn. The switch to the Colons for Primo & Epico gives me slight hope Carlito returns and we get a nice mid card faction with Carlito leading the, uh, way, lol.

So SD has some intrigue on the horizon. It’s odd to see them put on such an oddly anticlimactic show like this right after Mania but from what I’ve read they do have some plans for SS so it does make some sense to go into a building mode before it’s time to ramp up.