Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIf Bray doesn't win at Payback they might as well retire the character...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2602459&mesg_id=2604566
2604566, If Bray doesn't win at Payback they might as well retire the character...
Posted by Mole, Tue Apr-18-17 12:10 AM
Whatever mystique he has left will be fully extinguished at that point.

I personally hope the whole "House of Horrors" thing ends up being a swerve in some way, because there's pretty much no way it doesn't end up super hokey a la the lame-ass bug projections at Mania. (See also: Chamber of Horrors from Halloween Havoc '91, the "Tower of Doom" and basically any other horror-themed gimmick match in history.)

My fantasy booking is Bray comes out wearing a sheet with eyeholes cut out or something intentionally cheesy, Orton laughs, Bray hits him with a fireball and pins him with Sister Abigail in like 20 seconds. Then you have the Smackdown title on Raw, which could be interesting and maybe useful for both brands, considering the Universal title is apparently in deep freeze with Brock holding it. You could have Shane and/or Daniel Bryan sending guys to Raw to try to win it back.

It's the only way I see Bray having any chance of getting his heat back. So of course it won't happen.