Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Aleister Blacks' full theme is out. Can we talk about this again?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2602459&mesg_id=2603441
2603441, RE: Aleister Blacks' full theme is out. Can we talk about this again?
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Apr-06-17 09:59 PM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhqLL6T2tOE
>
>Jesus.
>
>If I ever have to fight again I pray to god this joint is
>playing in my ears. I'm talking anyone or anything- people,
>zombies, aliens, robot dinosaurs from the future, the vampire
>ghost of Richard Nixon, you name it. You square up on me while
>I can hear this joint I'm pretty sure I'll be so hype on that
>SS5 Vegeta tip that the whole planet might be in danger.
>
>And that's how I see AB. Frankly I’m just as marked out for
>him as I was for Swag. The entire presentation of him is so
>badass.
>
>I realize I'm gushing with all this high praise but hear me
>out. Up to this point the WWE presentation of badass has been
>largely of the “Juiced Up Jock” variety. Batista, Brock,
>Goldberg, Rock. Austin was an outlier but instead of going for
>that kind of outlaw Vince opted for a generic lifted truck,
>cock-rock listening type.
>
>AB comes across like a child of the best qualities of Orton +
>Punk sans the WWE corporate sanitization, and I mean that in
>the most glowing terms possible,. I realize how people react
>to comparisons like that but this is limited to the cloth of
>their aesthetic and demeanor, not in terms of drawing power,
>marketability, etc.
>
>I’m just saying he’s a genuinely exciting prospect. I’ve
>shown a few friends who were equally intrigued, but aside from
>PU I’m surprised I didn’t see more of that in here.

If you give me Punk's brilliantly nuanced in-ring stuff without the Phil out-of-ring stuff, I'm all in. If you give me whatever Orton was when he was at least kinda sorta 'dangerous' and he was Garvin Stomping folks in the middle of matches and 'punting' folks into vacations, I'm also all in. Even if you mix those two together with a bit missing, I'm all in.

Real talk: I knew NOTHING of Tommy End. NOTHING. But I saw the excitement when he was announced as heading to WWE. His NXT match made me nod in approval. Him and Almas killed it and got the point across very clearly, so I'm in. I have not gone back on his work yet but I will. When WWE does a decent enough job, the previous work isn't as essential as it was before.

AB will be 32 next month so he has plenty of time to have one helluva WWE run, so color me amped as well.

Swag...I'm still kinda scurred. It has been pretty good so far. It's funny how showing up and working with Sami out of the gate is a good look. WWE should stay into that. Anyway, I LOVE that Swag will be kneeing Miz in the face first off. Almost anyone can get cheered by punching/kicking Miz in the face. It's a rock solid/smart move by WWE. AND Miz can carry the talking stuff that WWE luvs to have.

I'm most scurred about what happens to Swag if he doesn't take off huge with rando crowds early on. As it stands now, it seems that he won't be able to talk his way out of a jam if it comes. If not, then he'll be left to the booking to get saved. And WWE doesn't exactly 'save' everyone with booking...especially once you start off 'slow' in their eyes. If he veers too far into comedy or if he gets to losing a little too much, he could be riding next to Ziggla, Rusev, and Ambrose in the 'barely making shows' lane 2 years from now.