Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: He's an Arn Anderson who thinks he's Ric Flair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2602459&mesg_id=2602556
2602556, RE: He's an Arn Anderson who thinks he's Ric Flair
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Apr-01-17 10:53 PM
>I kinda accidentally described him that way tonight but it's
>very fitting. Great look. Great entrance. Really good on the
>mic. Solid (if not spectacular) storyteller in the ring. That
>fits into the WWE brand well. I see him as upper
>midcard/sometimes main event.

Funny you say that. I thought Roode was VERY good in Beer Money too. Storm makes for a solid Tully, but Roode was great in his role.

If anything, Roode is Arn Anderson who got a chance to play HHH/Ted DiBiase for a while in TNA. Or maybe he's a better, less stigmatized Jeff Jarrett.

Analogies aside, HE IS GOOD. And he's not just carrying a good 'look'. Dude is IN SHAPE. He can feed a face comeback sequence 20 minutes in. He can do tricky spots safely to the point where it seems 'routine'. And he's selling fatigue late in matches moreso than actually being tired. He's also borderline GREAT as it relates to building heat over the course of a match.

There's no way WWE doesn't feel like they got a gift from TNA. He's probably gonna BE main eventing in NXT and he'll probably do well for a while when he gets called up if they decide they want him to do well.

One more Roode thing: to me, he's the one leading these Nak title matches. As much as I love Nak, he has a little Ric Flair/'follow the format' to him when he's leading the way. Even worse, he's not above forgetting about an injury. Don't get crazy, I'm gonna love him on the main roster if they sack up and let him win matches against real opponents but I think Nak's future WWE prospects look better off after having worked with Roode. He stepped his game up with Roode and came a bit more into what WWE probably wants from him in-ring.