Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I would've worked the ending differently, but that was incredible
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2602459&mesg_id=2602549
2602549, RE: I would've worked the ending differently, but that was incredible
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Apr-01-17 10:32 PM
>Either get it down to DIY/Revival, which is a matchup that
>will always produce greatness, or have AOP tear apart DIY to
>end it. It does less damage to DIY to be in that spot than it
>does The Revival. I believe they had Revival eliminate DIY as
>a "going away" gift, but to me it would've been better if they
>go out as the nearly perfect team that just gets bested by DIY
>most of the time. It was weird that Revival were in a faceish
>spot at the end.

Revival is so good that the Takeover crowds love them at this point. WWE may as well steer into the skid. We accuse WWE of being bad about not doing it at the right time. Revival as the sneaky thinking-man's tweener tag team works for me. They are pretty much a lock to get the call-up. Then we can get back to the DiY vs AoP story UNLESS DiY gets called up too.

And the story and finish of this? I'm with Cold..I LOVED IT. AOP are ridiculously powerful. DIY and Revival needed to get over their issue to take out AoP 'big dude in a battle royal' style. They eventually figured that out, tried to do it, but didn't stick to it long enough to actually succeed. And it screwed them both in ugly fashion. I loved it. I clapped at them when they sacked up and started working together.

For an old wrestling nerd like me, wrestling is at it's best when they 'give us enough credit' to assume we know how wrestling generally works. These supreme tag matches speak to me in a loud and clear voice and I hear it. I hope all of those dudes get a great career and some good money out of it. They could get tag rasslin to another sweet spot in time. And I'm all for having some struggling singles guys team up and get in on it as long as they become a part of real tag teams too.