Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNot sure I would call AD "an above average passer", he's average
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2593373&mesg_id=2596292
2596292, Not sure I would call AD "an above average passer", he's average
Posted by FILF, Mon Feb-20-17 04:06 PM
>Like soul honky says, both guys arent traditional old school
>bigs. They can bothe play the high post and boogie can hit the
>3.

When Jrue has been healthy, the Pelicans were at their best running PnRs but I feel like Boogie might turn the offense into a bunch of isolation sets (especially w/ the lack of shooters) ala the Knicks after the Melo trade.

>My bigger question is how Gentry will make them work. Both are
>playmaking bigs who have the ball a lot for modern bigs, and
>theres only one ball. But both are above average passers.

If you look at what he did w/ the Shaq/Amare Suns, he fed the ball to Shaq & had Amare playing at the elbow or running PnPs w/ Nash. In this case, they could run their offense through Boogie in the post & have AD play at the elbow or run PnPs w/ Jrue. Basically, no more AD/Jrue PnRs b/c Boogie is going to be camping in the paint.

>I imagine a lot of high low looks. Defensively AD will be able
>to help Cuz a lot.

If Gentry is smart they should, Marc/Z-Bo who used to feast off high/lows when Z-Bo used to duck in every time down the floor. The difference is that AD would be the one playing at the high post instead of Boogie who's the superior passer.

AD isn't a better passer than Z-Bo who is actually one of the best interior passers in the league which is why double teams don't fluster him.

Defensively, AD is much been better at the 5 b/c his PnR coverage is underwhelming for a mobile big. The Asik/AD frontline used to get murdered by PnRs.