Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou not looking at this right SH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2593373&mesg_id=2595849
2595849, You not looking at this right SH
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Feb-16-17 05:27 PM
>Jaylen/Smart are more valuable than 'Reke and Frazier. Add in
>that Evans is an expiring deal and it isn't close IMO.

I said NO doesn't have the assets.

>I think the best option is likely reuniting the Lopez Bros in
>the United Center - Rondo (for salary reasons), Dougie
>McBuckets, Denzel Valentine, and/or Bobby Portis for Lopez

We not sending Denzel. Maybe Taj. I'd be ok with this but we'd need another (or 2) 3pt shooters. And probably need to fire Hoiberg as he wouldn't be able to do anything with this roster lol

>Ainge is going to see Evans and Frazier as the lead assets in
>the New Orleans rumor and take any top asset off of the table.
>On top of that, to make the money work, we'd have to throw in
>another body like Jerebko which I'm sure Ainge will see as
>reason to lesser the key assets going forward. Ainge would
>probably want Brook to pick up his option and still only offer
>Amir, Rozier, Jerebko and the C's 2018 first.

The reason I went with my deal was:

1) To keep Bk from asking for the 2017 swap and 2018 #1 back.
2) They still have Zizic and Yabeusele (sp?) in the tank so they can spare Zeller/Olynyk (and may need to).
3) Clear some of that 2nd round pick clutter. The C's should be contending for the next 7 years if they do this right. Young high lotto talent and a top tier playoff team happening at the same time.

Ainge has worked wonders but he has to be looking at the future too.

He might have Fultz or Ball this year. Another top 3 pick next year. And depending on if the Clippers blow things up or not, could have another lotto pick in 2019. Add those picks to the current overseas stashes and the guys currently in their primes pushing the top of the East and there's a monster to be made.

Adding Brook to Horford, IT3 and Bradley gives them a super solid core for 2-3 years (assuming they reup Brook). Then your young high lotto talent and overseas stashes fill out the roster around bargain vets. You got a shot at winning today AND in the near future.