Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTeams that play a slower pace. Teams with shooters.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2593373&mesg_id=2593680
2593680, Teams that play a slower pace. Teams with shooters.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Feb-04-17 07:52 PM
Really, any team could use a guy with his body-- he just has a few important skills to develop still, so if any team wants to get some immediate production from him, it should be a team that plays more half-court ball than transition ball, and a team with legit shooters that could spread the court. One of the things that made him such a stud at Duke was the shooting around him-- kept defenses from just flooding the interior when he'd catch-- and that was definitely a problem his rookie year (among other individually-induced problems, obviously). Caused his FG% to go down, his TO% to go up.

The obvious *best case* scenario is to get him to San Antonio somehow, to let Pop coach him up. Christ, I'd murder a puppy to get him there. Other places I'd like: Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee, Utah. I also wouldn't mind him being part of the Dallas rebuild. I'm less concerned about him immediately developing on his potential, as that's simply not realistic with how this season in particular has gone (it'd be nice, but I'm more concerned with him getting better than living up to the hype at this moment). I want a place that plays a pace that would suit his skills, and a place with some shooting/coaching around him.