Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpolice interview from 2014:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2582784&mesg_id=2584195
2584195, police interview from 2014:
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-23-16 06:21 AM
Mixon told Detective Freudiger that Molitor intentionally blew cigarette smoke in his face and teammate Mark Andrews' face outside the sandwich shop. Mixon said Molitor and Andrews exchanged words and "After that, the girl, I guess she got scared or what, she went up inside, and she went to talk to the person that I came there with (teammate David Smith), and I guess she knew him or whatever.

"So when she went inside, she was talking about how we were trying to jump her. So that's when the dude (Molitor's friend) went inside, and I followed the dude. That's when I interrupted her, and I was talking to Dave (Smith), talking about how nobody was trying to jump her, we had no problem with her, she was just being disrespectful, you know...smoking in my face and acting crazy."

"The gay dude...he called me something. He was like, 'nigger.' So then I was like, 'you got me messed up.' And then I called him a faggot. And after that, the girl, she dropped her purse, that's when she came in my face, pushed me, and then my glasses came off, and then, like, I had, like, jumped at her, like, to watch out. And then she came in my face. I put my head down. And she swung on me."

"I pretty much had a point in the store where we got into it, and I was like, you know, she being disrespectful, I felt like I should have left it alone," Mixon said. "But then once the dude called me a nigger, I mean, it pretty much got my, you know, thoughts off of the whole situation. That's when it just escalated."

According to The Oklahoman, Mixon said the racial slur was not said to him, but about him. A police interviewer called that strange, since Smith -- Mixon's teammate, friend and an African-American -- was sitting at the table.

"I mean, even though she pushed me, I didn't think she was going to hit me," Mixon said. "I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard, it felt like really like a dude hit me. And then, like, my face just started ringing. And after that, like, it was just like a reaction."