Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Jets would deal Enunwa to CLE for Coleman or Pyror in a second
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2580644&mesg_id=2580943
2580943, RE: Jets would deal Enunwa to CLE for Coleman or Pyror in a second
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Dec-06-16 06:43 PM
>So Enunwa might be a #2 receiver on some of the worst teams
>in the league. I think that proves my point.

It's week 14. Teams are beat up. Jets situation is not ideal but how many teams is? I mean, look at the type of injuries and rosters of the teams with similar records.

The way you
>dismiss Decker is kind of amazing to me. He was a cog in that
>offense.

He was, for sure. But this is the NFL, injuries happen. You can't lose Eric Decker and say okay, now we are going to go 3-13!

>
>And I know Powell is the change-of-pace back, but you
>mentioned him as one of the top options on the offense which
>is why I responded about him. You have two legit weapons on
>offense. A misfiring QB. And average players like Enunwa,
>Powell, and Sefarian-Jenkins.

So…they are in the same situation as lots of teams? I am not saying they should be in the SB, but that they most definitely are underachieving.

>
>Vegas had them at the Jets O/U at 7.5.

They have 3 wins. I know you know that, but it bears repeating.

If you told people,
>Decker would miss most of the season,

It's football. Someone is going to get hurt/suspended. Jets are healthier than most teams in league and definitely healthier than most of the teams with less than 5 wins

>Fitz would fall apart,

Okay, but how has Bowles handled that? How did he handle the preseason? Probably should have started Geno from the jump. They have mad QBs, drafted in good slots, as well as a veteran and still mucked it up. If you think that won't reflect not he coach, I don't know what to say.

>Revis would fall to earth,

This doesn't reflect on Bowles?

and Mangold would miss games, I
>think everyone would have lowered their expectations.
>
>The Jets have disappointed this year. How much of that should
>be placed on Todd Bowles' shoulders is up for debate.

That is what we are debating here

>Personally, as I noted before, getting fired wouldn't change
>much since the best players on the Jets' offense are getting
>older and declining and the defense has sprung holes in the
>secondary and the Jets are already over the 2017 cap.

I haven't called for his firing. In fact, I think he should get year 3. But after this year, I just don't think he is that good of a coach. Here are the reasons.

Players don't seem to go all out for him like a Lovie, or Ryan, other defensive guys who people questioned their HC bonafides. What players really seem like they are HIS guys? Everyone flat out quit last night, they didn't even quit actually, they didn't start trying.

I also don't see him developing any talent out there. Sheldon and Wilkerson actually seem to be worse, Darron Lee looks lost, everyone looks lost except Leonard Williams who is gonna beast no matter what

His defensive schemes have been figured out. His only move was blitzing a lot, now he is scared to blitz but people are wide open every play. Zones don't work and his blitzes aren't getting home…where do you go from here?

He hasn't fired Chan Gailey yet. Dude is terrible, for reasons I have already outlined in detail.

He is already looking like he has no idea how to handle the QB situation, especially under the lights in NYC. Same thing had Rex walking out the front door with his shit in a cardboard box, and Bowles is gonna end up doing the same unless he makes a lot of changes.

team is beset by dumb penalties, blown coverages, and general lack of professionalism

Now someone tell me…what IS Todd Bowles good at?