Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Swap schedules & QBs and Bills/Jets swap records.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2580644&mesg_id=2580882
2580882, RE: Swap schedules & QBs and Bills/Jets swap records.
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Dec-06-16 03:27 PM
I don't think so

>But neither team is good so I'm not really sure why you think
>this comparison is helpful.

Bills are okay and are playing commiserate with talent on team/level of injuries. Jets are underachieving.

>
>But when comparing the teams, Tyrod is better than Fitz. A guy
>who doesn't turn the ball over vs a turnover machine. Tyrod is
>more mobile which makes up for some of the O-line issues.
>That's a huge difference.

No one was saying that last year when Fitz was having a career year. And Tyrod Taylor's entire pedigree is basically Rex Ryan took a chance on him and he doesn't throw picks. IF he was on the Jets, bet your ass Bowles wouldn't have started him till now. Surely some of this morass falls on Bowles, his OC and their predictable offense and inability to pick a QB out of the 4 they have for some reason?

>
>However, even with that key difference, the Jets have had a
>harder schedule so far than the Bills. The Bills are three
>wins better but:
>
>The Bills got Jacoby Brissett instead of Tom Brady.
>They have played the Bengals instead of the Steelers so far.
>They got the Jags instead of the Colts.
>Oh, AND THEY LOST TO THE JETS!

Bills whole team has been mired in injuries and suspensions since before season began, but they are doing better than a more talented, healthier Jets team.

>
>The Bills have as many quality wins as a the Jets. They beat
>Arizona, Jets beat Baltimore.
>
>Looking at the schedules, the Jets and Bills are pretty much
>where you'd expect them to be.

Find me preseason projections of the Jets going 3-13 or 4-12, please?
>
>>How many players are they sposed to have: Marshall, Decker,
>>Forte, supported by Enunwa, Powell and Sefarian Jenkins is
>no
>>one's idea of a terrible lineup.
>
>Decker has been out.

He played 3 games, for all the good it did them.

I think Powell is a run of the mil scat
>back and nothing to hang your hat on.

LOL he is the change of pace back, yeah. The starter is Forte! One of the best players of his era at his position and still productive and healthy and in shape

Sefarian-Jenkins hasn't
>proven to be consistent at all.

Bowles OC does not believe in using the TE, so who knows if he could be useful?? He has the talent and size. Look, if in 2016, you hire an OC who shuns the TE…whatever he is doing better be working! But its not and that is on Bowles too.

Are there many teams out there
>wishing they had Enunwa as their #2 receiver?

Enunwa is their #3…for which purpose he is pretty good. Decker is hurt now, but every team deals with injuries. Bears starting receivers last few games were Josh Bellamy, Cameron Meredith and Marquess Wilson. Enunwa would have been the #1

Who even plays on the Niners? Cleveland?

These are the teams that have the sort of record the Jets are headed towards. Any of them would welcome a talent like Marshall.

Bills brought Percy Harvin out of retirement they were so desperate and he just retired for the 2nd time in one season. I think he caught one pass.

Also noticed you left out the defenses…

Regardless we don't agree. This team is has AT LEAST average talent on paper and should be capable of anything from 7-9 to 10-6 depending on health and other factors. They are underachieving.

Disagree…find me a projection before the season of this squad being a dumpster fire on both sides of the ball?