Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah, we don't agree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2580644&mesg_id=2580834
2580834, Yeah, we don't agree
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Dec-06-16 01:19 PM
This is not a 3-10 roster. They have been pretty healthy too, so while they are a "bad team" it is not simply due to a lack of talent.

In what way exactly is, lets say, Buffalo more talented than the Jets?

McCoy vs Forte is a wash

Jets receivers are better

QB should be Jets or a wash at worst. Jets have 4 fucking QBs.

Jets front 7 is more talented and has had less turnover and less suspensions

Jets secondary should be better than Bills

Jets line better, or at WORST equal. Worse run blockers, better pass protectors.

Jet's have no business sitting at 3 wins b

>Bad O-line. Bad QB. Only two legit weapons on offenseboth
>on the decline.

How many players are they sposed to have: Marshall, Decker, Forte, supported by Enunwa, Powell and Sefarian Jenkins is no one's idea of a terrible lineup.

Bad secondary. Horrible give/takeaway ratio.
>Can't create turnovers.

And that has not hing to do with Bowles? They have some talented secondary players, sorry, it's not that cut and dry. Who are you comparing them to?

Can't sack or hurry the QB.

They have enough guys to have a good pass rush, and they are actually not a bad pass rushing team.

>They're good in one facet of the game - run defense. In a
>league that's become all about the passing attack.

Gross oversimplification

>
>You claim the Jets O-Line isn't bad and cite that they are
>tied for 22nd in the league in sacks given up as evidence yet
>the first team you name as a bad O-line is the Bears... who
>are tied with the Jets at 22nd in the league for sacks given
>up.

I also watch games so I know that the Bears do not spend the entire game in 4 WR sets trying to pass out of the shotgun. They have played very conservatively on offense. No one would accuse Chan Gailey of being conservative. The Jets don't even use a tight end. There is a lot of pressure on that line to perform and they are pretty decent.

(The Giants, who you say are worse, are tied for the 2nd
>fewest sacks given up)

Not sure they are worse, per se, but again, you have to watch games…ask any Giants fan how much time their QBs have to pass? I live in NYC, I watch the games, the Giants pass protection is an issue, the low sack number is because Eli does not hold the ball and will straight up spike it or throw a pick rather than get hit in regular season games.

I am not just making this up.

>
>Forte's been fine but when you invest in a big name back,
>you'd hope to see improvement in the run game; it's been
>stagnant.

He is headed for 1000 yards on a team that is addicted to passing and never has a lead. He did his job and then some. He is also a great receiver and a good pass blocker.

>
>The defense carried the team last year and can't do it this
>year because the secondary took a big step back.

Huh? They were pretty successful on offense last year.

>
>Looking at their schedule, the Rams is really the only bad
>loss. Last night was an ugly loss but not a game they were
>expected to win. And the Ravens is a quality win.

This team should not have 3 wins. They should not lose by 40 at home to the Colts. Bottom line. And Bowles has little to show for his tenure on this team thus far. What is their identity? what players has he molded or coached up? Who are their key players on both sides of the ball? Why is the QB message so muddled?