Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'd rather play with and for the hand we have
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2574916&mesg_id=2603658
2603658, I'd rather play with and for the hand we have
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Apr-10-17 10:48 AM
Last year I felt like we’d lose nearly, if not as many, games by letting the kids run amok, so to me the net affect would have been roughly the same albeit with the major caveat of learning to play together and gel as a team as well as develop each individual game.

Earlier this season it made sense to let Lou and Nick get so much tick because we were winning but once we started losing I felt that we needed to go away from them and just let the kids play. Obviously losing as many games as possible is and should be a priority but not at the expense of developing what we already have. I loved games where we scratched and clawed and fought but still lost, because that satisfied all needs.

Ideally we’d have lost those four, but learning how to win together is huge, even at this late stage. As has already been mentioned our chances don’t sleep a great deal. It’s a crapshoot either way so IMO we’re better off playing for the hand we already have while hoping for the best on lotto day.