Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI have absolutely no faith for or against Magic in this role
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2574916&mesg_id=2596432
2596432, I have absolutely no faith for or against Magic in this role
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Feb-21-17 02:10 PM
Neither have I a negative impression. I genuinely have no idea.

I will say that I haven’t been all that enthralled with his talking head moments over the years.

To that end I’m mostly ambivalent. This is definitely a wait and see approach. I’ve never heard much about him being a great X & O mind or a great personnel guy. I just don’t know. He gets an A to start and we’ll see what’s what.

Obviously I hope for the best but I’m a little concerned by a few things where Jeanie is concerned:

-Recent reports that Jeanie was being “told” that the LoulzGov signings weren’t “strong enough”.

Well, no shit. Aside from that surprising first month this season has gone about as expected and most of us assumed that we signed those players from a locker room/maturity standpoint to help the kids grow.

It’s incredibly jarring to think that anyone- ANYONE- thought those were strong talent signings. If Jeanie thought that those were strong talent signings and was surprised to learn that they weren’t, I say fire her too.

If they wanted to flip these kids into veterans overnight and weren’t invested in their long term growth as a unit and expected Luke to be a miracle worker in his rookie year as a unit, they should have just given Byron a shot.

I’m also troubled by the reports that suggested Jeanie at some point considered giving up BI for Cuz. I hope that’s not the case but again, if so, they’re basically gunning to be the Knicks West.

Basically I’m just a tad concerned that the plan going forward will cater much more to the lower tier of the base that calls up ESPN 710 every day and less toward a disciplined long view of things.

I will say I’m ok with them flipping JC + Randle + Nick or Lou for Butler… though I don’t know that that’s a wise move if we’re trying to keep this pick.